Trendnet TEW-828DRU Firmware Validation and Feature Review

penguinpages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 13:36    Post subject: Trendnet TEW-828DRU Firmware Validation and Feature Review Reply with quote
Greetings..
Model:TEW-828DRU
Hardware Version: 1.1RB

Many limitations to the router that I posted to Trendnet and got no help or canned response of "we can't do that"

Issues:
1) MAC reservation for DHCP server max 25. Which with a house of IOT and automated devices makes it hard.

2) DLNA flat out does not work. Port scans show no service so my PS4 systems trying to get to 4TB HDD off USB with all my moves does not work.

####

As such I am turning to the open source router code options.

Questions:
1) Website is very clear about checking firmware db.. which I did and it shows valid.. but the download for .bin is broken. https://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TRENDnet/TEW-828DRU%20/v1/trendnet-828dru-webflash.bin/4432 Can someone validate this is the correct / latest bin or was it pulled for some reason. I also found this path to download but not getting warm fuzzy about correct firmware. https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/01-31-2018-r34777/trendnet-828DRU/trendnet-828dru-webflash.bin

2) Searching forums has several posts about issues but non noting success for hits on this model. Assuming I follow directions : 30-30-30 firmware 30-30-30 ... configure.. etc... Life will be good. Any other words of wisdom.

3) Will my goal of more robust DHCP reservation pool, and DLNA (plus only other thing is use of no-ip.com login for DDNS update, and three VLANs with basic wifi for normal and guest segments). I did not see that noted one way or other in the RTFM.... but maybe someone can point me to the more detailed RTFM for the firmware of this unit.
Sponsor
penguinpages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for response.

Anyone use or get DLNA Server working as a feature of the this open source version of suite?

I have two 2TB USB Drives.. Format is NTFS (though that is just because it was convenient), that I have several hundred movies and home videos that I want the various PS4s to use. The vendor code shows it running but no TCP port opens so it is fubar.

And of course... just validation on image I linked to to be the correct one .. and positive validation of working would always make me sleep better at night.
penguinpages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can Anyone Confirm firmware for TEW-828DRU as search on site https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database notes it is supported but link is broken so is this just HTML error or was firmware pulled / updated etc..

https://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TRENDnet/TEW-828DRU%20/v1/trendnet-828dru-webflash.bin/4432
############
error: /var/www/firmwares/releases//r27506-07-09-2015/trendnet-828DRU/trendnet-828dru-webflash.bin does not exist
Array
(
[id] => 4432
[build] => 27506
[generic] =>
[filetype] => 1
[label] => TEW-828DRU v1 Firmware: Webflash image
[type] => 4
[platformId] => 1
[path] => trendnet-828DRU/
[pathType] => 0
[filename] => trendnet-828dru-webflash.bin
[created] => 2015-07-14 14:48:08
[createdBy] => 1
[modified] =>
[modifiedBy] =>
[removed] =>
[removedBy] =>
[routerIds] => Array
(
[0] => 737
)

[directory] => r27506-07-09-2015
)

#######
penguinpages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any update to link, error: /var/www/firmwares/releases//r27506-07-09-2015/trendnet-828DRU/trendnet-828dru-webflash.bin

Or just validation that other download will work with a TEW-828DRU Hardware Version 1.1RB

Thanks,
penguinpages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
.. one more poke on this thread.

website denotes firmware compatable but it is missing from download path. does the firmware work with a TEW-828DRU
Hardware Version 1.1RB

I want to get DLNA working and a DHCP server that is not limited to 25 maximum static IP reservations... but can't afford to brick a $170 router.
Idrek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is not a problem at all. SSDs for PS4 are quite cheap. And it will improve the performance of your device in general. Here's a PS4 SSD Upgrade guide. Check it. It'll definitely help.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware is here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018
penguinpages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for long delay on post but more issues with router are moving me more to jump into DD-WRT

Question:
Firmware ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/12-31-2018-r38155/trendnet-828DRU/ is good.. thanks for post. But most all videos note NOT to use web firmware for initial flash, but some base flash first , THEN upgrade to the beta code. What is the base flash for this model? ... or am I over complicating it and the "GUI" of current router is "web" able to be flashed without intermediate step?

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
penguinpages wrote:
Sorry for long delay on post but more issues with router are moving me more to jump into DD-WRT

Question:
Firmware ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/12-31-2018-r38155/trendnet-828DRU/ is good.. thanks for post. But most all videos note NOT to use web firmware for initial flash, but some base flash first , THEN upgrade to the beta code. What is the base flash for this model? ... or am I over complicating it and the "GUI" of current router is "web" able to be flashed without intermediate step?

Thanks

There is only one file for your router. The one you linked.

Navigation

Jump to: