TP-Link AC3200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
reekme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 21:45    Post subject: TP-Link AC3200 Reply with quote
First, let me say hello and thank you I have been lurking on these forums for years. I resent purchased a TP-Link AC3200 and was hoping to be able to use dd-wrt on it. After checking the supported devices page I disappointedly learned that my device is not currently supported, it says that a donated device is needed. Which gave me a little hope that it still might work. When looking into the reason why it was not already supported I learned that TP-link was blocking 3rd part firmware from being used, but I also learned that recently they have been forced to allow 3rd party firmware on the routers the sell.
So to make a long story short I was wondering if there is anything stopping me from trying to install dd-wrt on my AC3200. I know it would be at my own risk. But I wanted to see what are the chances of it working, or if at this time it's a hard no go. I don't want to try if the possibility of bricking my router is high, but I think I would take a chance if it was low or highly likely to work.
I was going to try and flash the firmware for the Archer C1900 to my device, I see that the Archer C3150 and C1900 or both close to my device spec wise. So this got me hoping that it might work. If anyone has any insight on this I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can try to flash your unit only if you know how to unbrick it, otherwise its highly recommended not to flash any unit with unappropriated firmware....if it says "donation needed" you better wait or donate...

if you are rushing to use DD-WRT not bad idea to return your router and get Netgear R7800 for the same price as R7800 already has great support and very good parameters...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
dannydevito
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm curious if ASUS AC3200 firmware would work as it's almost identical specs router.
dannydevito
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried installing Kong's DD-WRT test build 34320M via TP Link GUI but it failed with this error: "Failed to upload upgrade file. Please select the correct file."
randson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
dannydevito wrote:
I'm curious if ASUS AC3200 firmware would work as it's almost identical specs router.

Hello, did you get it with the ASUS firmware?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: