New Kong's test build: DD-WRT 34790M - 2018/02/04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
CloneVince
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 23:04    Post subject: New Kong's test build: DD-WRT 34790M - 2018/02/04 Reply with quote
Kong's DD-WRT test build 34790M - 2018/02/04 has been released: http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/TEST/

Your reports for Broadcom units are greatly appreciated !
Router:
Firmware:
Kernel:
Reset:
Errors:

This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build (e.g. 29440_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin). Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. Please also do not respond to such questions. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly and have a means of recovery if things should go wrong, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Error:

OpenVPN server still doesn't launch. Does anyone also encounter this on this build?
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgraded from 34780M, works well for now.
@kong - please put back softether, let's us decide if we want to use it.
They updated recently to support latest version of ssl

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Delete

Last edited by imalilteapot on Tue Feb 06, 2018 18:02; edited 1 time in total
dragonC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
imalilteapot wrote:
dragonC wrote:
Error:

OpenVPN server still doesn't launch. Does anyone also encounter this on this build?

<Kong> wrote:

No softether is full of security issues, I have added IPSec much easier to setup, more secure and much faster.

He already say no, and that IPSec is his choice.

Please re-read more carefully.

OpenVPN != SoftEther.

Kong’s build has contained (still does in this build) an OpenVPN server/client —> not only the binary but even an exposed GUI configuration page.

My question respectfully remains for the rest of the community — OpenVPN client launches fine using existing setup, but OpenVPN server does not launch any more. Is there any change in config needed, or new cert? (OpenSSL remains at 1.10g and OpenVPN 2.4.4, as in the 1/3/18 build)
e3000usr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Asus RT-AC56U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34790M kongac (02/04/1Cool
Kernel: Linux 4.4.114 #507 SMP Sun Feb 4 17:22:38 CET 2018 armv7l
Reset: NO
Errors: NONE

thank you kong and brainslayer
wabe
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
dragonC wrote:
Error:

Works well for me on an AC68U. Running from a script though.

Asus AC-68U rev. A1 on Build 53339
diogosena
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46    Post subject: ntp problem Reply with quote
NTP not working until I run

Code:
stopservice process_monitor && startservice process_monitor

Device is AC68U, I'm using wireless repeater mode, the last working build for NTP was 34015.
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
dragonC wrote:

My question respectfully remains for the rest of the community — OpenVPN client launches fine using existing setup, but OpenVPN server does not launch any more. Is there any change in config needed, or new cert? (OpenSSL remains at 1.10g and OpenVPN 2.4.4, as in the 1/3/18 build)

I would guess that your router's IPv6 configuration has been disabled? Recent OpenVPN builds seems to require IPv6 enabled or the server will fail to start, complaining that it can't find an IPv6 device. Try enabling IPv6.

HTH.
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 14:32    Post subject: Re: ntp problem Reply with quote
diogosena wrote:

Code:

Device is AC68U, I'm using wireless repeater mode, the last working build for NTP was 34015.

Try using IP addresses instead of FQDN.
dragonC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
wabe wrote:
dragonC wrote:
Error:

Works well for me on an AC68U. Running from a script though.

quarkysg wrote:
dragonC wrote:

I would guess that your router's IPv6 configuration has been disabled? Recent OpenVPN builds seems to require IPv6 enabled or the server will fail to start, complaining that it can't find an IPv6 device. Try enabling IPv6.

HTH.

Thank you both! Figured it out at the end. Checked IPv6 and, coincidentally I also use script to launch both server and client.

It ends up the culprit is a change in the 'cp' command. I have a set of OpenVPN server configs that I copy to /tmp on startup. BusyBox seems to have (probably inadvertently) changed/broke the '-a' flag of 'cp' that it does not do '-R' (recursive) any more. As such a subdirectory in my configs did not get copied over -- which makes OpenVPN server failed to launch.

I workaround by explicitly putting in the '-R' flag, and it starts fine again.
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
imalilteapot wrote:
dragonC wrote:
Error:

<Kong> wrote:

No softether is full of security issues, I have added IPSec much easier to setup, more secure and much faster.

Maybe Ipsec is his choice but until now no one could figure out how to make it work.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
blaser wrote:
imalilteapot wrote:
dragonC wrote:
Error:

<Kong> wrote:

Maybe Ipsec is his choice but until now no one could figure out how to make it work.

Well in latest build it is be broken, just tried to setup from scratch, but the busybox change for cp also fucks up freeradius setup ATM. Thus radius is broken right now and therefore ipsec cannot be set up. Other than that the webif help exactly explains how it needs to be setup, it is that simple.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 15:32    Post subject: Re: ntp problem Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
diogosena wrote:

Code:

Already tried that
(Also, if that was the problem, the workaround wouldn't work.)
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 16:06    Post subject: Re: ntp problem Reply with quote
diogosena wrote:
quarkysg wrote:
diogosena wrote:

Code:

Already tried that
(Also, if that was the problem, the workaround wouldn't work.)

How long did you wait? in bridge mode it is possible, that first round of ntp update will timeout before the connection is up, but since it runs every hour you should see an update later on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: