It's here: BS release 02-08-2018 R34876

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
johnnyNobody999 wrote:
Doesn't work on my wrt3200acm. So I rolled back to 34777.

Thanks for pinning that down to the exact issue.
But for heroes such as yourself we'd be lost!

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT3200ACM:-

Quite buggy and flaky. Crashed twice. Rolled back to 34777

Keep up the effor though Wink
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buggy and flaky are well known scientific terms for 'I have no idea'?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r34876-2018.02.08 on my WRT1900ACS v1 as a flash upgrade, keeping existing config. I haven't noticed any issues yet - my config is probably simple compared to some (but it isn't out of box and why I use DD-WRT over stock). Thanks BrainSlayer and the DD-WRT Community! Smile

Adding some detail for reference on my setup:
* wireless ~18 clients some 5GHz @ 20MHz AC Only AutoChannel, 2.4GHz @ 20MHz fixed channel 6, Guest network segmented
* lots of DHCP reservations/devices ~100 (I like naming everything - pcs, tvs, ip cameras, network receivers, phone, NAS, etc...)
* access control rules (blocking cameras by MAC to have no internet so they don't phone home - use BlueIris)
* running OpenVPN Server - my fam connects in remotely on devices I issued certs for (to check CryptoMiners)
* port forwarding for a couple things (Raspberry Pi MineCraft server, Terreria)
* IPv6 On - I seem to pass all the ipv6 tests with 10/10 - http://test-ipv6.comcast.net/)
* no QOS since have had issues in past

Will post if I have any big issues. I do also have two seperate 5Ghz+2.4GHz APs at the edge of my house but most clients connect to the router (I set them up also at 20MHz and make sure of no channel overlap).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
derWolfMan wrote:
Installed r34876-2018.02.08 on my WRT1900ACS v1 as a flash upgrade, keeping existing config. I haven't noticed any issues yet - my config is probably simple compared to some (but it isn't out of box and why I use DD-WRT over stock). Thanks BrainSlayer and the DD-WRT Community! Smile

* wireless ~18 clients some 5GHz @ 20MHz AC Only AutoChannel, 2.4GHz @ 20MHz fixed channel 6, Guest network segmented
* lots of DHCP reservations/devices ~100 (I like naming everything - pcs, tvs, ip cameras, network receivers, phone, NAS, etc...)
* access control rules (blocking cameras by MAC to have no internet so they don't phone home - use BlueIris)
* running OpenVPN Server - my fam connects in remotely on devices I issued certs for (to check CryptoMiners)
* IPv6 On - I seem to pass all the ipv6 tests with 10/10 - http://test-ipv6.comcast.net/)

Will post if I have any big issues. I do also have two seperate 5Ghz+2.4GHz APs at the edge of my house but most clients connect to the router (I set them up also at 20MHz and make sure of no channel overlap).

The only show stopper for me on the wrt3200acm was that I coulkdn't get VHT 80 working, if I set it I lost 5 Ghz but 40 or under was fine. I'm in a rural area with zero interference so VHT 80 is very valuable for my bandwidth on wifi devices.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
derWolfMan wrote:

The only show stopper for me on the wrt3200acm was that I coulkdn't get VHT 80 working, if I set it I lost 5 Ghz but 40 or under was fine. I'm in a rural area with zero interference so VHT 80 is very valuable for my bandwidth on wifi devices.

Your requirement totally makes sense! I suspect I might have issues if I try the other settings on WiFi. Part of my problem is with my house I just couldn't get enough coverage so I added the Access Points and tuned down the width to plan no overlap. In my house I also ran Cat6 almost everywhere I needed it so I'm mostly using WiFi for security cameras, phones and a couple FireTV sticks ... sometimes laptops - everything else is wired. Hopefully eventually you can get the full potential out of the hardware. Smile
geps
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys WRT 1900ACS v2.
I confirm everything works except for NTP. Set date/time manually to make OpenVPN work.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
geps wrote:
Linksys WRT 1900ACS v2.
I confirm everything works except for NTP. Set date/time manually to make OpenVPN work.

If you can wait a bit longer NTP will be working again soon I think.
Should be OK next release.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:

I'm not planning to shut down the router this week, so it's ok for me set NTP manually and then set auto-update in a few days Smile
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
geps wrote:
aairon wrote:

I'm not planning to shut down the router this week, so it's ok for me set NTP manually and then set auto-update in a few days Smile

Yea I just wanted to be sure you knew that nobody dropped the ball.
There was some issue with some code that was being used to produce debugging messages to help pin down the NTP problem.
It looks like the issue was resolved and working fine at one point, then it appears that there was an attempt to remove the extra debug script and that's where it nose dived again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:

I am aware we are running a beta Smile
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
They've always been Beta some Betas work and some don't.
I try to help folks find the betas that work for them.
NTP will work even if it's a beta at some point everything may work perfectly but it will still be a beta!
If we all just sit here and blindly load different 'BETA' versions with no guidance then a lot of folks end up running in circles.

Quote:

This was a mis-statement sorry but I don't really care about you particularly, I just wanted people here in general to know that, not you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
They've always been Beta some Betas work and some don't.
I try to help folks find the betas that work for them.
NTP will work even if it's a beta at some point everything may work perfectly but it will still be a beta!
If we all just sit here and blindly load different 'BETA' versions with no guidance then a lot of folks end up running in circles.

Quote:

This was a mis-statement sorry but I don't really care about you particularly, I just wanted people here in general to know that, not you.

here i was thinking u really cared.... Shocked Twisted Evil

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL you know better then that, I have made abundantly clear that I don't give a rat's ass. Very Happy

This 3200 reads your sig and is scared, I think it's helping.

Last edited by aairon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:35; edited 2 times in total
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL !!!!!

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: