Restore of factory firmware not taking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still probably have a couple old routers around here that are electronic paper weights lol.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
I still probably have a couple old routers around here that are electronic paper weights lol.

I was dreading having to buy a cable and flash the firmware directly.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mcaliebe wrote:
aairon wrote:

I was dreading having to buy a cable and flash the firmware directly.

I always have one around because I'm into the electronics, I used to have an old laptop with a serial port that I kept around for that function but this adapter is a lot easier. These routers aren't the only thing you can use it for.
I used to have to reprogram ship radars and even though they were state of the art they had a friggin serial port this was back in the 90's it took forever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
You folks obviously need to step up your game, when I got this wrt3200acm I got just a pc board and four antennas to plug into it and I managed to fuck up both partitions.
This was when they were starting to advertise them but not yet on the shelves, I was thinking to myself 'Damn awesome score' to get this bad ass thing to test, God I can't describe my disappointment Sad

After the forth month I was convinced that Satan had somehow got me on his mailing list and the next router that comes in on a fedex truck will be sacrificed to the gods before even reading the label.

Navigation

Jump to: