Operate WRT54G as router with firewall in reverse

prairiedog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41    Post subject: Operate WRT54G as router with firewall in reverse Reply with quote
Using WRT54G Linksys router with dd-wrt micro v24 installed successfully. Searched up and down, looked at tutorials for access point, repeater, firewall, but am a bit overwhelmed with all the info and not quite able to put it all together enough to figure out how to run my device in reverse. What I mean: Due to KRACK and old devices, I want the wireless side to be the "dirty" or "internet" side and the WAN (or a LAN) port to be the "clean" or "inside network" side. Then I want to keep malicious stuff from the wireless side from getting to the wired port side using the firewall for stateful inspection with some custom port routing.

Can this be done?

Any documentation, pointers, advice, on how to do this if it is possible?

Very many thanks for any help.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only implementation I have seen is:

A client machine is connecting to the wifi that gives access to only one resource that is a VPN Server.

After the VPN Client is connected, you get full access to the Secured Company Intranet.
prairiedog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guest network a good suggestion. Many thanks.

It would be great to have the latest firmware. But so many of the firmware links are dead when I search for my specific router. The dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin link was the only one I could find and download. The link you gave me just has a bunch of files by year and not any information as to which one is for my WRT54G, v8.0. Can anyone help me find which newer files past 33700 I need? The wiki links only reference old files or dead links as far as I have been able to see, except for the dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin file. Many thanks.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/02-12-2018-r34929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: