New buid 02-12-2018-r34929

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
loretta80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
got this firmware now on a 3200acm (router) and 1200v2 (Client bridge routed).
I only see the correct time on 3200acm if i set ntp client off. If i set the ntp client the time is totally wrong by hours and minutes. So at the 1200v2.
Where is the function to set the time manually?

Speedchecker for Wireless doesn't work on both devices.
Internet is ok.

The 3200acm is my dhcp server with static leases. is the a way to see the static hostnemas in the sysinfo of the 1200v2 client also?

P.S. Is ath2 on 3200acm useable or not?
Sponsor
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r34929-2018.02.12 on my WRT1900ACS_v1 as a flash upgrade, keeping existing config. I haven't noticed any issues yet.

DD-WRT config reference for my WRT1900ACS_v1 (not vanilla, not overly complex): mostly wired devices ~75, wireless using 5GHz & 2.4GHz @ 20MHz width ~20 clients, IPv6 on, OpenVPN server + segmented network, DHCP reservations for all known devices, access rules (internet block sec cameras), port forwards, no QOS, firewall rules (OpenVPN & Guest), Guest 2.4GHz wifi segmented network

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
loretta80 wrote:
Hi,
got this firmware now on a 3200acm (router) and 1200v2 (Client bridge routed).
I only see the correct time on 3200acm if i set ntp client off. If i set the ntp client the time is totally wrong by hours and minutes. So at the 1200v2.
Where is the function to set the time manually?

Speedchecker for Wireless doesn't work on both devices.
Internet is ok.

The 3200acm is my dhcp server with static leases. is the a way to see the static hostnemas in the sysinfo of the 1200v2 client also?

P.S. Is ath2 on 3200acm useable or not?

I know of no one making real world use of that radio, it uses a very tiny PC board internal antenna so it can't have much range and early on in the development it caused problems but I think it could be used just to prove it can work but no practical function in real life.
I think you're going to need to do a lot of reading to understand what's going on with these things, if you're not into that there are far better routers as far as reliability and stability, a wrt3200acm is probably the LAST router you would want if you don't have tons of experience working with third party user interfaces like dd-wrt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ loretta80 there is no way to set the time manually in the web UI, you have to do via command line. I don’t know if this does you any good but all Active Clients could be found over in the Status/Lan Tab. As far as ath2 I have disabled. I have no idea what page it was on but somewhere in the big 3200 thread BS explained the ath2 once and if I recall correctly Marvell intended for use with BT. I don’t use the on-board speed checker and have "Show New Features" disabled so I don't even see it... Good luck and welcome to the forum.
loretta80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
@aairon I bought the 3200acm already because i was fine with a E4200 but it is bricked. So i will not buy another one i think, cause with this firmware most of my problems are gone.

@05dyna actually i'm here since i got my first wrt54g, but thanx Very Happy

I will turn of the ath2. I thought this radio acts together with one of the others because i can only see the "TurboQAM (QAM256) support" option in the setting of the ath2.

But i dont understand why the time is now correct on the router with ntp off and wrong on the client.
Is there a way to tell the client to use the time of the router?
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
loretta80 wrote:
@aairon I bought the 3200acm already because i was fine with a E4200 but it is bricked. So i will not buy another one i think, cause with this firmware most of my problems are gone.

@05dyna actually i'm here since i got my first wrt54g, but thanx Very Happy

I will turn of the ath2. I thought this radio acts together with one of the others because i can only see the "TurboQAM (QAM256) support" option in the setting of the ath2.

But i dont understand why the time is now correct on the router with ntp off and wrong on the client.
Is there a way to tell the client to use the time of the router?

Where are you located ? what time zone on this planet?

There are a lot of quirks in the time zone settings always has been if I pick -8 UTC I get wrong time but if I pick Americas/Los Angles which is also -8 UTC I get correct time with nothing but this.
Note server blank!
P.S. I have tried "turbo QAM" and have never found any advantage, I wonder if it even works these days?
I thought that was some very old format that's no longer used in that way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in germany and choosed Berlin.
Thats why i wrote that even the minutes are wrong on the client. To get the right hour by setting a different time zone was the first thing i tested, but without any effort.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
loretta80 wrote:
I'm in germany and choosed Berlin.
Thats why i wrote that even the minutes are wrong on the client. To get the right hour by setting a different time zone was the first thing i tested, but without any effort.

There are other selections for berlin they are worded differently like +1 UTC, Central European Time Zone and others one of these should give you proper time without entering any server info.
Etc/GMT+1
Europe/Berlin
Or any other Europe city in your same time zone, try them.

P.S. YES I UNDERSTAND that it's off by minutes therefore you do not want to believe it has anything to do with the time zone, but it does, really if I go to UTC-8 mine is all messed up like a free running clock.

Last edited by aairon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:07; edited 1 time in total
loretta80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
i set it to "Etc/GMT-1" and rebooted the vclient, but time is still 1:14 and the real time is 20:06.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
YES I UNDERSTAND that it's off by minutes therefore you do not want to believe it has anything to do with the time zone, but it does, really if I go to UTC-8 mine is all messed up like a free running clock.

There is probably another city you can select from the drop down that is in your time zone that may work. I'm in Seattle about a thousand miles from LA but the same time zone and it works, but not -8 GMT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed on my WRT1900 everything working ok just a shame about DLNA but stuck a Raspberry Pi in between router and drive to get DLNA back just runs a bit slower but ok for streaming

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eyerex wrote:
Installed on my WRT1900 everything working ok just a shame about DLNA but stuck a Raspberry Pi in between router and drive to get DLNA back just runs a bit slower but ok for streaming

It might help if you can submit a ticket in the svn/bugtracker for this, it's going to get low priority unless they hear some squeaking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
loretta80 wrote:
i set it to "Etc/GMT-1" and rebooted the vclient, but time is still 1:14 and the real time is 20:06.

I thought Berlin was GMT +1?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eyerex wrote:

Yeah, the broken DNLA is the only thing stopping me from installing the latest beta. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Full_Speedz wrote:
Eyerex wrote:

Yeah, the broken DNLA is the only thing stopping me from installing the latest beta. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

I'm confused there were improvements with this latest beta that have nothing to do with DLNA yes indeed.

But because it still doesn't have DLNA you are going to continue to run inferior firm/software anyway?

You do know that this is all volunteer stuff nobody here including Brain Slayer owe anybody anything!
By this I mean that just because some relatively obscure function isn't working there will be no rush to fix it because you won't download the current builds, really nobody cares.
I'm not saying this to put you down but it's the truth.

Navigation

Jump to: