New buid 02-12-2018-r34929

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
Full_Speedz wrote:
Eyerex wrote:
Installed on my WRT1900 everything working ok just a shame about DLNA but stuck a Raspberry Pi in between router and drive to get DLNA back just runs a bit slower but ok for streaming

Yeah, the broken DNLA is the only thing stopping me from installing the latest beta. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

I'm confused there were improvements with this latest beta that have nothing to do with DLNA yes indeed.

But because it still doesn't have DLNA you are going to continue to run inferior firm/software anyway?

You do know that this is all volunteer stuff nobody here including Brain Slayer owe anybody anything!
By this I mean that just because some relatively obscure function isn't working there will be no rush to fix it because you won't download the current builds, really nobody cares.
I'm not saying this to put you down but it's the truth.

Think me and Full_Speedz replies and views were perfectly ok we didn't moan and i just said it's a shame it's not working

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
Full_Speedz wrote:
Eyerex wrote:
Installed on my WRT1900 everything working ok just a shame about DLNA but stuck a Raspberry Pi in between router and drive to get DLNA back just runs a bit slower but ok for streaming

Yeah, the broken DNLA is the only thing stopping me from installing the latest beta. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

I'm confused there were improvements with this latest beta that have nothing to do with DLNA yes indeed.

But because it still doesn't have DLNA you are going to continue to run inferior firm/software anyway?

You do know that this is all volunteer stuff nobody here including Brain Slayer owe anybody anything!
By this I mean that just because some relatively obscure function isn't working there will be no rush to fix it because you won't download the current builds, really nobody cares.
I'm not saying this to put you down but it's the truth.

You should probably mind your own business, I use DLNA on ddwrt that's why I wont update to the newest version until it gets fixed. I'm not telling anyone to fix it immediately Rolling Eyes
gu3d3s
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Router Model: WRT 1900ACS v2
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r34929M ( 02/12/18 )
Kernel Version: Linux 4.9.81-rc1 #101 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 12 02:35:09 CET 2018 armv7l
Uptime: 1:32

Reset: no
Errors: None so far

Time is Ok,

EDIT: still seeing what the best configuration for my network, but happy with the results, better than the WRT3200.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/29730826

Last edited by gu3d3s on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:43; edited 1 time in total
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT3200ACM - killed access to my servers from the WAN and NTP still wouldn't work. Rolled back to 34777 again.
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aside from jnobody... everyone seems to be having positive results.

I think i will wait for one or two more builds to upgrade.

Over on the driver development front or lack of development front. The marvell dude has no idea why android devices are having issues (glad i use ios)... so i am not sure what he does while waiting for people to submit crash logs... i wish he would work on mu-mimo in the mean time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0ug wrote:
Possibly found a bug in this firmware on a WRT1200AC v2. For anyone using a VPN to encrypt their internet connection, try disabling your VPN and see if your kill switch still works if you have it setup.

I have found that the typical

iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.0.1/24 -o $(nvram get wan_iface) -j REJECT

Is not working.

I only found this because I was doing some speed testing between different VPN endpoints, and after I had changed my endpoint and then refreshed speedtest.net before the tunnel reestablished, I momentarily saw my real WAN IP displayed.

I tested this again using some what is my ip type sites and they all displayed my real WAN IP rather than not loading at all when the tunnel was down.

I have rolled back to 34311 and the kill switch is working as expected now.

I did a little more troubleshooting with this, thinking that maybe something changed with the $(nvram get wan_iface) variable in the newer builds.

SSHing into the router and then running an echo $(nvram get wan_iface) on both 34311 and 34929 returns the expected eth0.

I also tried removing $(nvram get wan_iface) and replacing it with eth0 in the firewall commands and it made no difference.

So it would appear there is something wrong with iptables itself.

That's interesting. IPTables is a function of the Linux kernel, and I was under the impression that the kernel version had not changed from previous builds. Output of uname -a on my 1200ACV2:

Linux 4.9.81-rc1

Can anybody confirm if that's the same kernel version as the prior builds?

Did you buy chance mod your iptables rule and replace your $nvram variable with eth0 just for purposes of testing?
ericb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0ug wrote:
ericb wrote:

That's interesting. IPTables is a function of the Linux kernel, and I was under the impression that the kernel version had not changed from previous builds. Output of uname -a on my 1200ACV2:

Linux 4.9.81-rc1

Can anybody confirm if that's the same kernel version as the prior builds?

Did you buy chance mod your iptables rule and replace your $nvram variable with eth0 just for purposes of testing?

the $nvram variable is what I have always had it set to. I just did some experimenting with removing the variable and actually specifying eth0 to see if something might have changed with the variable in the new build.

It does look like the kernel has changed between 34311 and 34929. This is what 34311 which I am having no trouble with returns.

root@RouterAP:~# uname -a
Linux RouterAP 4.9.72 #91 SMP Thu Dec 28 04:11:35 CET 2017 armv7l DD-WRT

I've not poked around in the guts of dd-wrt too much...but I'd guess either something got left out of the new kernel config, the helper modules aren't config'd, or something in whatever the dd-wrt equivalent of sysctl.conf changed. I definitely think it warrants a bug report..not killing vpn'd traffic like that is a security issue.
adriansuri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 21:50    Post subject: Re: Fixed NTP on IPv4? Reply with quote
AjkayAlan wrote:
Per Kong, NTP on IPv4 should be fixed:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6175

Those who had NTP issues - can you confirm?

Is there a problem with the server I can get to the page where the files are displayed, but then get
"This site can’t be reached
download1.dd-wrt.com refused to connect......"

any thoughts
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
working for me

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
whatsashell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed this build just now. Wifi stopped working and wouldn't give out IP's on the DHCP server.

Not going to be bothered figuring out what it is. Went back to previous version and all is well.
joeszef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
works fine for me with WRT1900ACS V2. No more NTP red marks on the Syslog, works fine with USB and NAS connected, static IPs for CCTVs, and DHCP for wireless & LAN clients.

MyPage (custom script page) though isn't working since Jan 2018 build, the last time it worked was 12/29/2017 build.
aventus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT 1200AC v1 everything works

Openvpn Client
USB Samba
AjkayAlan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 14:38    Post subject: Everything Working Reply with quote
Everything working for my WRT3200ACM, but I use a relatively simple setup. I did observe my android device dropping once in a while from 5GHz but it immediately reconnected.
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:
Aside from jnobody... everyone seems to be having positive results.

I think i will wait for one or two more builds to upgrade.

Over on the driver development front or lack of development front. The marvell dude has no idea why android devices are having issues (glad i use ios)... so i am not sure what he does while waiting for people to submit crash logs... i wish he would work on mu-mimo in the mean time.

I doubt that he is just sitting around with his feet up on the desk waiting for logs. I will bet he is working the the driver and he knows some features need work or in the case of mu-mimo needs to be started. Part of the problem seems to be he is the only one. Never saw a development team taking on something like a driver to be one person.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Honorable David Lin AKA yuhhaurlin has at least one partner who speaks up now and then.
The driver will be needing work for awhile so I'm loading whatever works best and not 'waiting' for anything, why wait when it takes seconds to load?

It's funny I see a lot of posts by folks who are bothered that these builds have problems, and statements that imply that they will not partake in testing new software until it's sorted out. As if anyone on this planet beside them really cares about their particular issue.

yuhhaurlin or Brain Slayer won't drop everything just because you're not happy lol.

Navigation

Jump to: