Android Oreo roaming multiple identical SSID issue.

vortex05
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 15:10    Post subject: Android Oreo roaming multiple identical SSID issue. Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out a wifi roaming issue I've noticed that the OnePlus 5 seems to have some issue when roaming from AP with an SSID to another AP with the same SSID.

What happens is I see the roam occur (the wifi icon goes from low signal to full signal and with wifi analyzer it shows it's migrated to the new AP) but then the phone seems to get stuck and is unable to send / recieve data.

A quick tap on / off of airplane mode immediately resolves this issue but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and has figured out which settings on their router the phone doesn't seem to like?

I have other devices on the network and they don't seem to have this roaming issue so it does seem like it's isolated to this phone.

The issue seems to occur most often when roaming from the DDWRT Netgear WNDR4300 (Atheros platform) to the TPLink c20i (AC router on a Realtek platform)

Both devices are connected to the LAN and don't have any WLAN isolation turned on the LAN is on a dumb switched backbone.

Oddly enough roaming from the TPLink C20i back to the DDWRT Netgear WNDR4300v1 seems to work but not the other way around.

DHCP is completely off on the c20i and it is effectively acting as a dumb AP wonder if anyone has any ideas if this is a phone issue or are there settings to look into.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: