New Build 02-17-2018 r35034/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Briar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Starrbuck wrote:
Just installed r35034 std ( 02/17/18 ) on my WRT3200ACM v1 and everything works fine except for NTP, which does not work unless IPv6 is enabled. I'd prefer to have IPv6 disabled since my ISP does not support it. I performed a factory reset and reconfigured my settings following the upgrade.

+1 but now leaving IPv6 enabled

I tried enabling then disabling after clock synch'ed.
However,the next day vpn client could not connect and time was off again. Probably happened during a scheduled reboot.

80 mile round trip to router location (my office/lab)

All that being said, overall I'm pretty happy with the wrt3200. It's the first router I've had that has good vpn client speeds.
Sponsor
dance85
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
In this build my WRT3200ACM V2 has serious problems with DHCP. Did you notice it too?
Starrbuck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Briar wrote:
Starrbuck wrote:
Just installed r35034 std ( 02/17/18 ) on my WRT3200ACM v1 and everything works fine except for NTP, which does not work unless IPv6 is enabled. I'd prefer to have IPv6 disabled since my ISP does not support it. I performed a factory reset and reconfigured my settings following the upgrade.

However,the next day vpn client could not connect and time was off again. Probably happened during a scheduled reboot.

All that being said, overall I'm pretty happy with the wrt3200. It's the first router I've had that has good vpn client speeds.

Mine's right here next to me. Wink I can see how it would be annoying if it were 80 miles away.

The unit is pretty good if you don't consider the wireless issues many have. Nice, powerful CPU and great WAN-to-LAN & LAN-to-LAN.
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new year but I'm computer worker since 25 years.
I have flashed about everything... so today my new WRT1900ACS V2 is coming... (bought on Amazon for 129€ on sale)... I need DD-WRT so I go with last 02-17-2018-r35034 ??? Only to flash first: factory-to-ddwrt and than: ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acsv2-webflash

Is it right? I will do it trough wired lan with router powered by UPS. Other thing to keep in mind? Like rename file extesion or other? Many thanks. Smile
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
stefan33 wrote:
I have flashed about everything... so today my new WRT1900ACS V2 is coming... (bought on Amazon for 129€ on sale)... I need DD-WRT so I go with last 02-17-2018-r35034 ??? Only to flash first: factory-to-ddwrt and than: ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acsv2-webflash

Is it right? I will do it trough wired lan with router powered by UPS. Other thing to keep in mind? Like rename file extesion or other? Many thanks. Smile

Just flash the once ie factory to DD-WRT and your done don't use the webflash as it will overwrite the backup of the factory firmware which you can go back to easily if DD-WRT is not for you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Briar wrote:
Starrbuck wrote:

Run something like this as a cronjob:

*/10 * * * * root ntpclient pool.ntp.org

These routers don't have hardware clocks, so reset every time they boot. It runs on start up to sync, then once a few minutes later....and that's it. So the clock will drift anyway unless you are periodically updating it. If you're rebooting your routers periodically and ntp is working, you may never notice......but I'd still add the cron job.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
stefan33 wrote:

Don't touch it until you read the below:

tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
ericb wrote:
Briar wrote:
Starrbuck wrote:

These routers don't have hardware clocks, so reset every time they boot. It runs on start up to sync, then once a few minutes later....and that's it. So the clock will drift anyway unless you are periodically updating it. If you're rebooting your routers periodically and ntp is working, you may never notice......but I'd still add the cron job.

Thank you Smile
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
stefan33 wrote:
ericb wrote:
Briar wrote:
Starrbuck wrote:

Thank you Smile

Many Thanks... One question: if I flash DD-WRT on this router I will miss USB and eSata possibility of share hard disk or it will work at the same? Many thanks.
dance85
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
In this build my WRT3200ACM V2 has serious problems with DHCP. Did you notice it too?
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
dance85 wrote:

Excuse me but I like to know what is better to do for me:

I like to use the 1900ACSV2 with ExpressVPN (That has a costum firmware and I think you can switch between different location very quicky). I like to keep the sharing of USB and eSata. But also i like to have the DD-Wrt firmware...

But I don't like to do Beta tester because I need the router for working... so I can't make many experiments... At the end the DD-Wrt is stable or not? Esata nad USB sharing works or not? Many thanks...

And at the end only ask what of I tell above with original firmware (that I assume should be stable) I can do and not?
Original firmware can work with VPN or I need only DD-wrt? Thank you again.
bytebandit01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
using WRT1200AC v2

ntp - working
scheduled reboot - working
YAMon - working

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
[/quote]

Just flash the once ie factory to DD-WRT and your done don't use the webflash as it will overwrite the backup of the factory firmware which you can go back to easily if DD-WRT is not for you[/quote]

Ok, I have my new router. I like to go back if I don't like (not for me/ not working ecc...) to the stock firmware... But I don't understand: For not overwrite original firmware I have only to falsh ONLY factory-to-ddwrt? But on the tutorial linked above it's written: For to flash DD-wrt from webgui it's needed to flash before: factory-to-ddwrt and than: ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acsv2-webflash.
So for me what I have to do only factory or booth of them? I would like not overwrite the stock firmware... and may be go back to original firmware (I think from webgui???).

So what I have to do? Only the factory or also the webflash? And if I flash the factory inside the FTP (Last 02-17-2018-r35034) I will get the 35034 or a generic build??? Many thanks to everyone... Smile
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
@stefan33
Do yourself a BIG favor and read the threads in my sig. No one has pointed you to this stuff yet. Lots of good info about flashing, preserving the Linksys partition, flipping from one partition to the other and more.
--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
stefan33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
@stefan33
Do yourself a BIG favor and read the threads in my sig. No one has pointed you to this stuff yet. Lots of good info about flashing, preserving the Linksys partition, flipping from one partition to the other and more.
--bill

I have done... Working with ExpressVPN @25/30Mbps dowload and 35/40Mbps upload. Seems working fine...
Excuse me if I made many questions... normally I do everything alone by myself... (like now)...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: