IPTV Pixelating and frame droping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
locossaurorex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 21:20    Post subject: IPTV Pixelating and frame droping Reply with quote
I have fiber connection with IPTV vlan15 and Internet vlan10, i can make iptv work, but the issue is that the video is pixelating and loose frames when i perform download or test the internet speed, even whit qos, I'm not using wifi, my configs are:

Bufallo WZR-1750dhpd, kong last stable firmware

vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan10ports=0t 5t
vlan15ports=0t 5t
vlan1hwname=et0
vlan10hwname=et0
vlan15hwname=et0

igmpproxy :

quickleave
phyint vlan15 upstream ratelimit 0 threshold 1
phyint br0 downstream ratelimit 0 threshold 1
phyint lo disabled
phyint eth1 disabled
phyint eth2 disabled

I tried but without success, someone can help me ?
Sponsor
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 21:51    Post subject: Re: IPTV Pixelating and frame droping Reply with quote
locossaurorex wrote:
I have fiber connection with IPTV vlan15 and Internet vlan10, i can make iptv work, but the issue is that the video is pixelating and loose frames when i perform download or test the internet speed, even whit qos, I'm not using wifi, my configs are:

vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan10ports=0t 5t
vlan15ports=0t 5t
vlan1hwname=et0
vlan10hwname=et0
vlan15hwname=et0

igmpproxy :

quickleave
phyint lo disabled
phyint eth1 disabled
phyint eth2 disabled

How do you access your IPTV service? Via a set top box?

Your VLAN configuration will use your router’s CPU for routing to VLAN 15. So if CPU usage is high, likely your IPTV traffic will be affected.

If you’re using a set top box, try configuring the port connecting your set top box directly to WAN with VLAN 15 and don’t tag the CPU port. See if that works. I.e if your set top box is connected to port 4, use the following:

vlan1ports=1 2 3 5*
vlan10ports=0t 5t
vlan15ports=4 5t
vlan1hwname=et0
vlan10hwname=et0
vlan15hwname=et0

If your IPTV is accessed via an app on your home network, you will probably need a more powerful router.

HTH.
locossaurorex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 22:12    Post subject: Re: IPTV Pixelating and frame droping Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
locossaurorex wrote:

vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan10ports=0t 5t
vlan15ports=0t 5t
vlan1hwname=et0
vlan10hwname=et0
vlan15hwname=et0

igmpproxy :

quickleave
phyint lo disabled
phyint eth1 disabled
phyint eth2 disabled

How do you access your IPTV service? Via a set top box?

Your VLAN configuration will use your router’s CPU for routing to VLAN 15. So if CPU usage is high, likely your IPTV traffic will be affected.

If you’re using a set top box, try configuring the port connecting your set top box directly to WAN with VLAN 15 and don’t tag the CPU port. See if that works. I.e if your set top box is connected to port 4, use the following:

vlan1ports=1 2 3 5*
vlan10ports=0t 5t
vlan15ports=4 5t
vlan1hwname=et0
vlan10hwname=et0
vlan15hwname=et0

If your IPTV is accessed via an app on your home network, you will probably need a more powerful router.

HTH.

OK thanks for you response.
My 3 set up box , is connected Through router ethernet port 1-3, when i set vlan15ports="1t 2t 3t" works, and received iptv whithout issue, but in these case set up box cannot access internet to get others services like virtual movie rental for example, provided by my ISP.
How i get internet at ports 1-3 when this port is tagged to vlan15 ?
Thank you.
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 23:54    Post subject: Re: IPTV Pixelating and frame droping Reply with quote
locossaurorex wrote:

My 3 set up box , is connected Through router ethernet port 1-3, when i set vlan15ports="1t 2t 3t" works, and received iptv whithout issue, but in these case set up box cannot access internet to get others services like virtual movie rental for example, provided by my ISP.
Thank you.

Does your IPTV set top boxes comes with WiFi? If it can access the IPTV broadcast via the LAN cable while accessing Internet via WiFi, that would be a good solution.

Every HD IPTV stream is at least 8mbps and can go up to 20mbps depending on source compression. You have 3 boxes and so worst case scenario will be 24 - 60 mbps constantly streaming and that will use your router's CPU just shuffling the broadcast/unicast network packets. It'll be even worst for UHD broadcast, if your IPTV service provider is streaming such high quality contents.

Did you also turn on SFE? That may help somewhat in reducing the CPU load of your router.

Also what is your Internet bandwidth? Your router's 2x800MHz ARM CPU should be able to push around 300mbps, and probably double that with SFE turned on, but that's only for TCP/UDP connections. IPTV streaming broadcast/unicast packet will not be processed by SFE.

If using SFE does not alleviate the issue you likely need a more beefy router.
locossaurorex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 0:25    Post subject: Re: IPTV Pixelating and frame droping Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
locossaurorex wrote:

Thank you.

Does your IPTV set top boxes comes with WiFi? If it can access the IPTV broadcast via the LAN cable while accessing Internet via WiFi, that would be a good solution.

Every HD IPTV stream is at least 8mbps and can go up to 20mbps depending on source compression. You have 3 boxes and so worst case scenario will be 24 - 60 mbps constantly streaming and that will use your router's CPU just shuffling the broadcast/unicast network packets. It'll be even worst for UHD broadcast, if your IPTV service provider is streaming such high quality contents.

Did you also turn on SFE? That may help somewhat in reducing the CPU load of your router.

Also what is your Internet bandwidth? Your router's 2x800MHz ARM CPU should be able to push around 300mbps, and probably double that with SFE turned on, but that's only for TCP/UDP connections. IPTV streaming broadcast/unicast packet will not be processed by SFE.

If using SFE does not alleviate the issue you likely need a more beefy router.

Internet 1Gbs, cpu stay at 68% idle during speed test and watching iptv, sfe is off, and I already tested with the sfe on, with kong unstable firmware.
i can make work with old wdr4300v1 with Lede fast path without issue.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: