Not sure even where to start.. help Buffalo WZR-600DHP

nightscar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24    Post subject: Not sure even where to start.. help Buffalo WZR-600DHP Reply with quote
Ok like the title says... I will try to explain this a clearly as I can.

I own a 4TB NAS, I backup files to it put movies on it yada yada.
I used to have no issues with uploading files to my NAS, then I noticed the speed started to degrade.. until the point now Where when I try to upload something , the speed is very erratic then crashes to 0 and I get a network error.
I am thinking it is the router because.. I have an old linksys that I hooked up and tried once again to transfer a large file .. although slow cause of age.. the speed never spiked and stayed constant about 10-12MB/s

Ok so after that, I went looking for new firmware for my router (Buffalo WZR-600DHP) thinking .. maybe it needed an update. I cannot remember exactly what version I had BUT... when I went to **https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database**

Unless I am reading it wrong it says:
***WZR-600DHP Firmware - Webflash image wzr-600dhp-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin 2017-09-07 17,63 MB***

Now that does say 2017 correct?
Because when I go to install it , it brought my firmware back to 2013, which whatever.. It wouldn't bother me but holy hell.
I tried to change the color of the UI... the color lol and it has locked me out of the router as in my user and pass do not work. The only way is to hit that ol reset button and resetup everyone all over again /sigh

Now I am very close to saying hell with it, it has been a good router for many years, I am eyeing the google router and a 8 port switch.

Is there anyone out there that can
A: direct me towards a newer firmware version that's newer then 2013 for my router.
B: am I right to think the upload speed issue I am having with my NAS is the router? (BTW pulling files from the NAS, I dont have a single issue the speed is 95MB/s almost constant.)
C: screw it get the google router and a switch and don't look back.

Thank you to anyone for any help they may give. I love my buffalo router, but as of late it has given me nothing but greif.
Sponsor
nightscar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Not sure I'd be willing to dismiss the possibility this is a problem w/ the drive as you are. I know you tested it w/ a second router, but even so, it sure sounds like a drive problem. Esp. if the router has been running w/o issue for a long time. If anything is likely to change and cause a problem, I'd place my bets on the drive long before the router.

You didn't indicate the formatting (NTFS, fat32, ext2, etc.), but I'd still try some utilities to check it out more formally (chkdsk, fsck, spinrite, whatever) before I'd give the drive a clean bill of health.

Thank you for the reply.
I'm sorry I forgot to mention I have Freenas on my NAS which uses the ZFS file system. If there was an issue with one of the drives It would tell me, they are constantly being checked. I know it doesn't make much sense where I'm having issues only with uploads to the NAS.

I did however find a new updated firmware for my router.. 2017 but I still ran into the issue where it locked me out. Which I have never had an issue with before so I donno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: