Configure DHCP and DNS to use home server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
zenithangunn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 16:46    Post subject: Configure DHCP and DNS to use home server Reply with quote
Hello!

I'd like to setup my router to do the following:

Use DHCP for IPv4 & IPv6 to issue IP addresses to my LAN
Use router's DNS server AND home NAS which has an IPv4 and IPv6 DNS server. I'd like the NAS DNS server to be 1st in the preferred DNS order

Right now I have DHCP working but I don't have the router's DNS active. I noticed also for some reason my clients all have 75.75.75.75/76 listed as DNS servers which I've not configured anywhere. Not sure how they are getting added but I'd prefer to have my LAN clients just use the NAS DNS server and then router DNS server.

What settings should I use to configure DD WRT to work in this manner? Thank you! I've checked around the forums but everyone uses a different IPv6 setup and DNS setup, there doesn't seem to be 1 set method.

My current setup is posted in attached screenshots. Here's my additional DNSMASQ Options:

Code:
local=/freezegunn.com/
expand-hosts
dhcp-range=::1000,::FFFF,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,300
enable-ra
quiet-ra
quiet-dhcp
quiet-dhcp6
Sponsor
zenithangunn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
jxm wrote:
Fill in all three static DNS addresses in your WAN setup. You can repeat addresses if necessary.

If you don’t fill in all three, a DND server address supplied by your ISP (Comcast) can sneak through when you connect to them, and then get handed out to your devices when they get addresses from your DHCP server.

Cheers.

Filling out all three DNS fields made no difference. All DHCP users are still getting 75.75.75.75 & 75.75.75.76 as additional DNS servers making all my DHCP clients get 4 DNS server records. Is there no way to block Comcast from sending this DNS record through my gateway to my DHCP clients?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: