-- Adding support for BITCOIN MINING and ASIC Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
murraykj709
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 23:53    Post subject: -- Adding support for BITCOIN MINING and ASIC Support Reply with quote
Hello,

just wondering if anyone has ever considered the idea of using the routers for bitcoin mining or to use the routers to host bitcoin devices or asics..

the antminer is a bitcoin router.. also there is some articles for openwrt related to bitcoin mining.. just wondering if its a possible item with DDWrt..

the mining situation is fairly popular topic at the moment.. would be nice to see some items such as this on the router software it could be a lot of fun for people to try.

Best wishes,

Kenny

-- routers...
ex6200 , various wrt54g.. various dlink, various cisco linksys..
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
well routers have very limited functions and use...
also CPU its not always that great consider single core CPU
routers it will be much better to mine on PC's
but to use routers to connect machines to internet well that's the purpose of it...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
labo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think this a real possibility if you consider dd-wrt on X86 PC hardware with decent GPU card.
Assign high priority to routing and offload intensive mining to GPU Smile
I'm interested in it, if this is implemented. I have been contemplating of jumping on to X86 dd-wrt considering current QOS issues.

QNAP QSW-1208-8C 12-Port 10GbE Switch
XS712T ProSafe 12-Port 10GbE Switch
3 X R9000 DD-WRT Mesh
blenn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
So... how many decent CPU pcs with high-end GPUs are specifically used as dedicated DD-WRT routers out there? I doubt this would be widely used enough to be worth the effort of implementing.

And if you are using virtualized server(s) to have a multi purpose pc you could still just virtualize the mining software as well. No need to put it in DD-WRT software at all. This is something that can be done today without any tampering with DD-WRT.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 16:07    Post subject: Support for bitcoin mining... Reply with quote
Making support for mining bitcoin in DD-WRT routers makes no sense.

The hardware needed to mine bitcoin is completely different of the one for routers.

What makes sense is to have a hotspot paid in bitcoin to create a new decentralized network in the world where each person could be a ISP and serve neighbourswood.

I made a post about that possibility here:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332979

This is by far better than all that projects for mining shitcoins to have one decentralized internet that ppl is wasting millions and still dont have use or cover.

Better to use what exist yet and start to decentralize that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: