AC1200+ (Model EA6350_ and 8TB Seagate External HD not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
pityocamptes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 19:11    Post subject: AC1200+ (Model EA6350_ and 8TB Seagate External HD not work Reply with quote
I am hoping someone can help me to get this configuration to work. At this point since I have opened and used the Router and HD the merchant will not take them back, so that sucks...

Anyways, I purchased the Seagate 8TB USB Backup Plus HUb to work with the USB file sharing feature of the Linksys AC1200+ (Model EA6350 V2). I spent a couple of hours with Linksys, only to tell me they are sorry for the software not recognizing the drive.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get the router software to recognize the Seagate External HD so that I can use it for file sharing in my home network??? ANY help appreciated on how to go about this.

I am not sure if the DD-WRT can help, or if someone can suggest some other type of 3rd party firmware that will get this thing working. Thanks again!!!
Sponsor
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello i have a WRT1900ACS with a 5TB Expansion Drive which i share via DLNA and Samba, if you are going to use DD-WRT i would use version 2018/01-07-2018-r34411 as if you go any newer DLNA doesn't work for now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so will the DD-WRT 3rd party firmware recognize the 8TB external drive? Currently I have the latest OEM firmware for the router. Will the firmware you indicated work on the model I have? Thanks.

If so, do you have a direct link?
pityocamptes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keep getting "Invalid Firmware File", even after trying the other builds for EA6350 and AC1200 V2... what's up with that?? Thanks.
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your router is listed but it doesn't have a Factory to DD-WRT file so not sure it's supported sorry, their could be another way round the problem if you have a spare ethernet port that's by using a Raspberry Pi and Openmediavault which will turn the Seagate into a Network drive and share the files via Samba and DLNA plus you could use Plex you will lose performance using a Pi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Any other options? I would rather just buy something small and cheap like a pogoplug, if that would work, not sure. Maybe a different router? I called on the router and BestBuy said they would return it. Thoughts on how to proceed? Thanks.
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have the option of spending it back i would go for that then use the money for a different make or model

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well what model router should I get that will work with a 8TB external drive? Thanks. I have been looking and cannot seem to find anything. The drive I am stuck with....

"ethernet port that's by using a Raspberry Pi and Openmediavault which will turn the Seagate into a Network drive and share the files via Samba and DLNA plus you could use Plex you will lose performance using a Pi" also, I am curious how you do this, and what sort of performance? I don't need anything fancy, just storage to get crap off my laptop HD. Thanks.
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's hard to say which make or model to buy until someone else has tested with there router sorry

Maybe ask in General Questions to see

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so the Pi modification would work? If so, instructions? Thanks.
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
pityocamptes wrote:
"ethernet port that's by using a Raspberry Pi and Openmediavault which will turn the Seagate into a Network drive and share the files via Samba and DLNA plus you could use Plex you will lose performance using a Pi" also, I am curious how you do this, and what sort of performance? I don't need anything fancy, just storage to get crap off my laptop HD. Thanks.

A spare port on Router your not using as for speed if i plug Seagate drive into Router i get about 55mbs over Wifi when transferring files with a Pi i only get about 11mbs but i can still stream movies so its not to bad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok,so no problem detecting the 8TB? I may go this route. Do you have an instructions link? Thanks again!!
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
pityocamptes wrote:
Ok,so no problem detecting the 8TB? I may go this route. Do you have an instructions link? Thanks again!!

Can't say it will work with your drive as not tested but works with most https://youtu.be/INkPKZ8JP_Y

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I believe that the file system needs to be formatted ext4 or ext2 for dd-wrt to recognize it. At least when I put in a drive formatted as NTFS is not recognized by dd-wrt for example.
ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I believe that the file system needs to be formatted ext4 or ext2 for dd-wrt to recognize it. At least when I put in a drive formatted as NTFS is not recognized by dd-wrt for example.

NTFS works fine for me with Seagate drive

Navigation

Jump to: