TL-WR1043ND: Does the BIN image mirror the nvram image?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
wlaut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:19    Post subject: TL-WR1043ND: Does the BIN image mirror the nvram image? Reply with quote
I have a couple of TP-Link TL-WR1043ND routers that I managed to brick up by accidentally rebooting them before the "save config" could finish. I'd like to unbrick them by removing the nvram chip with my rework station, reprogram it with my programmer, then resolder it back onto the PCB.

To make this work, I thought I'd use the factory-to-ddwrt BIN file, assuming it would reinitialize the impure section where all of the configuration data are stored. But when I loaded it into the programmer and examined it, the first 100 bytes or so didn't look like any sort of bootstrap loader.

So, to unbrick the routers, must I first remove the nvram from a working router, read it with the programmer and store it away (as a master backup), and then reprogram the two bricked-up nvrams to get those routers working?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Find the reset sequence for this model. Generally hold the reset button while powering on. That will reset the nvram.
wlaut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Find the reset sequence for this model. Generally hold the reset button while powering on. That will reset the nvram.

I tried that. It didn't work. And I don't have the hardware to try the JTag solution.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-497.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: