Newbie with DIR-878

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
zen66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35    Post subject: Newbie with DIR-878 Reply with quote
Hello all,

I recently got a DIR-878 based on reviews I found online praising it is fantastic. I however found it terrible for WIFI being pathetic not being able to reach my living room with stable connection for my Roku on d-link latest firmware. (Always buffering Evil or Very Mad )

I just want to double check if my information is correct.
1. Disconnect router
2. Connect router with PC only via cable
3. GUI > Factory reset
4. Flash the firmware you want
5. Done and enjoy the faster speed!

Am I correct? Any recommendation for a firmware to flash my router with ? If not I'll just go with the latest beta one...

Any recommended settings to put and activate once I have DD-WRT working?

Thanks all. Happy to join you guys.

Edit: Forgot to mention it will be a on bridge mode. Modem>Router>Devices
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is not Atheros, it's Mediatek router. Read new build threads to get feedback on your router.
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: