WRT160N XfinityWifi Repeater - Mac Connect Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Mgunz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:07    Post subject: WRT160N XfinityWifi Repeater - Mac Connect Help Reply with quote
I have used my WRT160N V3 to repeat a nearby XfinityWifi hotspot for awhile now and currently experiencing a issue.

The strongest signal obviously gets repeated but the hotspot with the strongest signal is having issues connecting "person broadcasting did not pay, or who knows the issue.. but it won't connect from any of my devices".

I simply want to have the router be able to connect to a specific mac address so I can get connected to a actual working hotspot.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks!
Sponsor
stephene
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 15:39    Post subject: Re: WRT160N XfinityWifi Repeater - Mac Connect Help Reply with quote
Mgunz wrote:
I have used my WRT160N V3 to repeat a nearby XfinityWifi hotspot for awhile now and currently experiencing a issue.

The strongest signal obviously gets repeated but the hotspot with the strongest signal is having issues connecting "person broadcasting did not pay, or who knows the issue.. but it won't connect from any of my devices".

I simply want to have the router be able to connect to a specific mac address so I can get connected to a actual working hotspot.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks!

You can block the bad mac address from "Wireless" -> "MAC Filter" tab. Then select "Prevent .......". Don't use the "Permit ........" to allow only good MACs because you will need to enter all other client's MAC in order to connect to your wifi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: