DHCP server issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ZyBeR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48    Post subject: DHCP server issues Reply with quote
I've been having issues with some devices like a Dyson 360, Netatmo Weather Station, Anovas etc... Last year I installed a bunch of Meraki gear in which I saw some general error messages from those devices, but they didn't give much more info than they connected and soon after that god disconnected again and that thing was on repeat. The weird thing was some devices works with out notable issues, some had issues and the Anovas didn't work at all.

After investigating with Wireshark it turns out at least the Anovas rejected the dhcp offer. So I setup another DHCP server, set the 1900ac v1 to forward dhcp requests to that new server and all of a sudden no more error messages and all devices which had issues happily connects.

So quiet obviously the problem lies in DD-Wrt, as there ain't too many configuration options for the DHCP server I'm guessing it might be rooted a bit deeper than that..

I'm running firmware v3.0-r35681.

Is anyone else having issues like this?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: