PPTP Tunneling using ip public dd wrt

juankobe3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 16:49    Post subject: PPTP Tunneling using ip public dd wrt Reply with quote
Hi friends, I am new to this world of DD WRT and I am already facing my first challenge. The point is that I am trying to set up a PPTP tunnel for two telephone exchanges that are located in two different countries. The two areas have Public IP. I have already configured the PPTP server and it works perfectly (I connect via windows), however when I try to connect the second router as a client, I do not know if I'm doing something wrong, or I'm missing something but I do not know the state of the communication , I do not know if it was possible to make the tunnel or not, what I did see is that it does not put me in the other network, so I can not see the equipment that is on the other side of the tunnel. Maybe a godly soul can help please Very Happy

I leave the desired configuration in the image to see if they can understand what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
juankobe3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Friend! If PPTP is discontinued, what would be the best option to carry out a VPN tunnel between two DD WRT routers? The idea is not to use OPEN VPN because we do not want to use anything from third parties, what we want is to implement a tunnel between two routers in order to connect two remote telephone exchanges.
juankobe3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get it! What I'm saying is that I want to make use of my public IP, I have not gone much into the OPEN VPN issue but if I'm not mistaken, you have to make a route to your cloud to perform the tunnel
juankobe3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok ok! I'm going to try, imagine that at that point to point somewhere I use my public ips? TY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: