New Build 35874 05-04-2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
deeproot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 15:45    Post subject: New Build 35874 05-04-2018 Reply with quote
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/05-04-2018-r35874/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/05-04-2018-r35874/

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flashed this onto my Linksys WRT1900ACSv1
First build after 35531 which worked for me. Intermediate builds either had VPN issues (PBR) or wouldn't flash at all. This one ticks all the boxes below.

DD-WRT v3.0-r35874:

Linux 4.9.98 #139 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 4 00:38:50 CEST 2018 armv7l
mwlwifi driver: 10.3.4.0-20180330
OpenVPN: server and client (mullvad) with PBR; working
Others: guest network, local DNS, static leases, access restriction, samba share (esata SSD and USB3 4TB drive), ssh, transmission, entware (squid, mosquitto etc.)
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
UPDATE 2: Saw another post about port forwarding breaking things. I only have 2 of those active so I figured I'd try removing -- I didn't think that could do it. BUT, with those removed and all of my other configs restored so far seems to be running (UPnP also I left on seems OK, see devices using it and no internet drop). So back on this build less 2 simple port forwards. I do have to manually set the date/time also.

UPDATE: NEVERMIND -- I started having problems of dropped internet connectivity even with reduced config. For now I went back to r35681 which was working well for me, quick downgrade and restore of settings. Taking a break for now.

Went for it too popoviciri -- I've also had issues and seemed to have again (time, dhcp?, WAN/ipv6 - enough I never had time to mess with full reconfig).

Installed r35874-2018.05.04 on my WRT1900ACS_v1 as a total reconfig after attempting shortcuts. I had some time today to work on this, figuring out how to script in DHCP reservations (76 count). Also allowed me to get my documentation updated and revisit a few things. I at least isolated areas to look at more which seemed to make things go sideways when I implemented - my OpenVPN config and firewall rules, also possibly my guest network segmented DHCP and firewall - for now I don't have those back and things are working. I'll look more soon - my old configs don't work in the new builds it seems.

DD-WRT config reference for my WRT1900ACS_v1 (not vanilla, not overly complex): mostly wired devices ~75, wireless using 5GHz-Mixed & 2.4GHz-Mixed both @ 20MHz width non-overlapping channels (also have 2 APs in house) w/ ~20 clients, IPv6 on, DHCP reservations for all known devices, access rules (internet block security cameras), no QOS, OpenVPN server, firewall rules (OpenVPN & Guest), Guest 2.4GHz wifi segmented network/dhcp, NOT Currently Configured - port forwarding (25565, 7777)

Last edited by derWolfMan on Sat May 05, 2018 5:22; edited 3 times in total
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just noticed that the WRT32X factory-to-dd-wrt file is in Disk Image Format (.img) and labeled differently from any previous version:
FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img

Could this be the fix we WRT32X owners have been waiting for?

I'll try to flash from Linksys Venom GUI Sunday when I get back home & report back success or failure.

*Also posted in WRT32X thread.

WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

IPVanish OpenVPN Client Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308565

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB8200
ROUTER: Linksys WRT32X
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
frawau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:27    Post subject: Not Good Reply with quote
Hi,

WRT-1900ac v2 here. No Internet connection with this build. I do need port-forwarding, so I did not try to disable that.

My 2 cents
loretta80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:16    Post subject: dhcpdfwd Reply with quote
Is this problem fixable with this firmware?
I use this router as a client bridge (routed):

May 5 11:02:00 1200ACv2 user.info : Maybe dhcpfwd had died, we need to re-exec it
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 14:55    Post subject: Re: Not Good Reply with quote
frawau wrote:
Hi,

WRT-1900ac v2 here. No Internet connection with this build. I do need port-forwarding, so I did not try to disable that.

My 2 cents

Totally. I wanted to check a bit more on this - I can't believe of all my other configs like OpenVPN server and guest network, etc. it was port forwarding causing the issue! But I confirmed indeed that for me it on this build. My setup is for a raspberry pi minecraft server (port from/to 25565) and for my son to play Terraria with a friend pointing to his machine (port from/to 7777).
    Added back just one port forward and enabled it, almost immediately internet connection down.
    Disabled the rule and things started working again (wasn't sure if just having it configured might be the issue)

For now I'm leaving the rules configured, just not enabled that seems OK.

My only other issue on this build that I haven't had before is NTP setting time doesn't seem to work. I just go to the command window and set with DATE YYYYMMDDHHMM.

Guess I now need to up my game and figure out where/how to see what issues are formally bugged, etc.

popoviciri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:19    Post subject: Re: Not Good Reply with quote
derWolfMan wrote:
frawau wrote:
Hi,

My 2 cents

Totally. I wanted to check a bit more on this - I can't believe of all my other configs like OpenVPN server and guest network, etc. it was port forwarding causing the issue! But I confirmed indeed that for me it on this build. My setup is for a raspberry pi minecraft server (port from/to 25565) and for my son to play Terraria with a friend pointing to his machine (port from/to 7777).
    Added back just one port forward and enabled it, almost immediately internet connection down.
    Disabled the rule and things started working again (wasn't sure if just having it configured might be the issue)

My only other issue on this build that I haven't had before is NTP setting time doesn't seem to work. I just go to the command window and set with DATE YYYYMMDDHHMM.

Guess I now need to up my game and figure out where/how to see what issues are formally bugged, etc.

Yeah, the build is buggy. I saw in the broadcom thread for this build, that adding 0.0.0.0/0 in the "suource net" field under "port forwarding" would restore the internet connection. I do not forward anything from my router so this problem didn't show up for me.
Regarding NTP, I am pointing the router to a local NTP server I am running on a raspberry pi. It's not a STRATUM-1, but simply uses the ntp daemon to broadcast locally the time it syncs when router is online. Since I enter a direct local IP, I never had problems with NTP resolving and therefore with VPN connections. Give it a go on your minecraft server.
Off-topic: I am too almost loosing hope for dd on this router. I believe BS is trying to cover way too many routers and too many features, with very little resources (alone?). It simply cannot work. Now the question is: would people rather have no support at all for their router, or keep trying and hoping someday it'll all run smooth?
Cheers!
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 14:42    Post subject: Re: Not Good Reply with quote
popoviciri wrote:
derWolfMan wrote:
frawau wrote:
Hi,

My 2 cents

Yeah, the build is buggy. I saw in the broadcom thread for this build, that adding 0.0.0.0/0 in the "suource net" field under "port forwarding" would restore the internet connection. I do not forward anything from my router so this problem didn't show up for me.
Regarding NTP, I am pointing the router to a local NTP server I am running on a raspberry pi. It's not a STRATUM-1, but simply uses the ntp daemon to broadcast locally the time it syncs when router is online. Since I enter a direct local IP, I never had problems with NTP resolving and therefore with VPN connections. Give it a go on your minecraft server.
Off-topic: I am too almost loosing hope for dd on this router. I believe BS is trying to cover way too many routers and too many features, with very little resources (alone?). It simply cannot work. Now the question is: would people rather have no support at all for their router, or keep trying and hoping someday it'll all run smooth?
Cheers!

DOUBLE DANG! Thanks @popoviciri. You just taught me two things this morning. Smile Both worked! Thanks!
* set the port forwards with source net 0.0.0.0/0 - all working fine!
* didn't realize the pi had NTP setup by default; quick check looked to be working so set router - reboot, bang time set correctly!

Yeah, on the broad support and automated builds, etc. Honestly it is like some weird enjoyment of pain always wanting to install new betas etc when honestly last years builds or even older did everything I really needed. Smile I love how with DD-WRT I could setup my OpenVPN server, also with multiple xboxes it handled that traffic better than stock firmwares. I would switch to a Netgear or something but I can't justify it yet. If finally my router model gets broken more often than not I'll just stick with a working build and focus on other hobbies ... for a while Smile

Thanks again!
-Bill
derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0ug wrote:
It would appear using a LAN side NTP server does not work in all situations. This has actually been my setup for about half a year now. I have a serial GPS receiver and an ESP8266 wifi adapter that functions as a stratum-1 local NTP server. It receives time via a GPS module, transmits it over serial to the ESP8266 and there is code on the ESP to provide NTP services to the LAN. My router and everything else capable of NTP syncing is pulling time off that.

For my setup, r35681 is the last build that NTP has functioned properly. I also have a somewhat complex config of openvpn server and client that routes all my outgoing traffic to PIA, allows remote access into the LAN. killswitch and PBR routing for the VPN. port forwards for running mail, and web servers

Anyone interested in the GPS NTP server http://www.absolutelyautomation.com/articles/2016/09/15/esp8266-based-wireless-ntp-server-no-internet-connection-needed

This is what the one I built looks like

Nice! I could see that being handy. Smile

-Bill
ISP: Comcast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: