Connections through Client Bridge die after 30s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
redm123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 18:12    Post subject: Connections through Client Bridge die after 30s Reply with quote
Hi

Fighting with this for a couple of days now, but can't get it working reliably ...

I created a Client Bridge connection with a DD-WRT on a TP-Link TL-WR741ND v1 to my FritzBox. Generally this seems work. But whenever I connect a device to the LAN port of the DD-WRT the internet connections work for about 30 seconds and then dies. It seems that something happens inside the FB. But I'm really not sure. Maybe I still have a subtle misconfiguration in DD-WRT?

So my setup:
Main router is a FritzBox 7362 SL, with internet access

Wireless bridge is a TP-Link TL-WR741ND v1 with DD-WRT
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34578 std (01/19/18 )
A test machine is connected to a LAN port of the WR741ND.

I have set up the WR741ND as "Client Bridge (routed)" according to the wiki page.

When I connect a machine to the LAN port of the WR741ND everything works great for usually about 30s (sometimes a minute)
Which means in general my DD-WRT Client Bridge setup does not seem completely wrong. Also this is reproducible: disconnect/connect -> works again for 30s

When I'm in this broken state:
then: internal bridging still works, e.g. I can access my server on the FB LAN port just fine from the test machine, I can also access the FB web UI. This means, it’s likely not a Wifi issue.
then: I hping a host in the internet (for some reasons FB capturing ignores ICMP responses) -> ath0 on the FB still receives SYN packets (outbound)
then: external iface ptm_vr9 does not receive the SYN packets anymore (I don't trust this capturing, though. It completely ignores inbound traffic...)
then: hping says: "ICMP Host Unreachable from ip=192.168.178.210 name=UNKNOWN”. Where 192.168.178.210 is the IP of the WR741ND.

So it seems: that the issue is in the FB: the SYN packets disappear between ath0 and external iface on the FB, but is that the reason or just my current interpretation? Could it still be a misconfiguration in DD-WRT?

Any ideas? Anyone seen this behavior?
Sponsor
silentprlnce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:09    Post subject: Re: Connections through Client Bridge die after 30s Reply with quote
redm123 wrote:
Hi

Fighting with this for a couple of days now, but can't get it working reliably ...

I created a Client Bridge connection with a DD-WRT on a TP-Link TL-WR741ND v1 to my FritzBox. Generally this seems work. But whenever I connect a device to the LAN port of the DD-WRT the internet connections work for about 30 seconds and then dies. It seems that something happens inside the FB. But I'm really not sure. Maybe I still have a subtle misconfiguration in DD-WRT?

So my setup:
Main router is a FritzBox 7362 SL, with internet access

Wireless bridge is a TP-Link TL-WR741ND v1 with DD-WRT
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34578 std (01/19/18 )
A test machine is connected to a LAN port of the WR741ND.

I have set up the WR741ND as "Client Bridge (routed)" according to the wiki page.

When I connect a machine to the LAN port of the WR741ND everything works great for usually about 30s (sometimes a minute)
Which means in general my DD-WRT Client Bridge setup does not seem completely wrong. Also this is reproducible: disconnect/connect -> works again for 30s

When I'm in this broken state:
then: internal bridging still works, e.g. I can access my server on the FB LAN port just fine from the test machine, I can also access the FB web UI. This means, it’s likely not a Wifi issue.
then: I hping a host in the internet (for some reasons FB capturing ignores ICMP responses) -> ath0 on the FB still receives SYN packets (outbound)
then: external iface ptm_vr9 does not receive the SYN packets anymore (I don't trust this capturing, though. It completely ignores inbound traffic...)
then: hping says: "ICMP Host Unreachable from ip=192.168.178.210 name=UNKNOWN”. Where 192.168.178.210 is the IP of the WR741ND.

So it seems: that the issue is in the FB: the SYN packets disappear between ath0 and external iface on the FB, but is that the reason or just my current interpretation? Could it still be a misconfiguration in DD-WRT?

Any ideas? Anyone seen this behavior?

facing same issue did you find the solution?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
If both devices are Atheros use WDS instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: