New Build: 2018.May.13 - 35927

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 18:17    Post subject: WRT3200ACM - Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r35927 Reply with quote
Works but dnscrypt still doesn't work properly. Most websites render properly, some don't. See attached screen shots of what happens.

And sftp continues to be a problem:

user@server1:~/$ sftp -oPort=### root@wrt3200acm
DD-WRT v3.0-r35927 std (c) 2018 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 05/13/18
root@wrt3200acm's password:
subsystem request failed on channel 0
Connection closed

No info in syslog.

Last edited by johnnyNobody999 on Tue May 22, 2018 14:57; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smaller pictures please.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
My WRT3200ACM WiFi speeds dropped to 1-3 MB/s versus the normal 100 after 6+ days on this release. Rebooted router and no change, rebooted modem and my speeds were back to 100+. Is there anyway this version caused my modem to slowdown? Never had this happen before. Complete outage of the modem yes but never a slow down. Connected wirelessly so I couldn't get wired speeds before it was fixed.
doniNZ74
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build has been running great for me so far. No issues on WRT1900ACv2

My WRT1900ACv2 has now been serving me for more than 5years Smile Most reliable router I have ever owned!
veekay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone else having a problem when changing the 5ghz channel where it stops showing up to clients and only shows Channel: Unknown in the status? I can only make it work by setting to auto.
Bwalsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:01    Post subject: WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues Reply with quote
I have a WRT3200ACM installed and flashed build r35927.

I have used ddwrt on other routers with no issues, but seem to be having issues with wifi on this one. I'm sure I am going to pass on info that others already know but from what I can see..

ath0 and ath1 are using the Marvell 88W8964

but

ath2 is Marvell SD8887

I've been have persistent wifi issues so I used a wifi analyzer and I noticed that is seems that ath0 and ath1 are working but the SSID broadcast is <NULL> or blank. Trying to manually specify the correct SSID doesn't work either. Interestingly ath2 shows up correctly but connecting to it is somewhat erratic.

Also the wifi LEDs aren't working and I'm 95% sure that they did work for the first day or so.

I would appreciate any help or information because I'm going nuts (partially because my wife cant change the thermostat from her tablet currently).
doniNZ74
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:06    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues Reply with quote
Bwalsh wrote:

I have used ddwrt on other routers with no issues, but seem to be having issues with wifi on this one. I'm sure I am going to pass on info that others already know but from what I can see..

but

ath2 is Marvell SD8887

I've been have persistent wifi issues so I used a wifi analyzer and I noticed that is seems that ath0 and ath1 are working but the SSID broadcast is <NULL> or blank. Trying to manually specify the correct SSID doesn't work either. Interestingly ath2 shows up correctly but connecting to it is somewhat erratic.

Also the wifi LEDs aren't working and I'm 95% sure that they did work for the first day or so.

I would appreciate any help or information because I'm going nuts (partially because my wife cant change the thermostat from her tablet currently).

Have you tried setting to factory defaults, and re-doing your setup? Dont restore from a backup either.

My WRT1900ACv2 has now been serving me for more than 5years Smile Most reliable router I have ever owned!
Bwalsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:09    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues Reply with quote
doniNZ74 wrote:
Bwalsh wrote:

but

ath2 is Marvell SD8887

Have you tried setting to factory defaults, and re-doing your setup? Dont restore from a backup either.

I've been trying to avoid that since my openvpn is working so well
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:47    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues Reply with quote
Bwalsh wrote:

but

ath2 is Marvell SD8887

If you are having the same type of issue as the person who posted above you, try a different build, backup your config first (as your VPN setup should be on it), and just restore it afterwards.

As far as ATH2, it is meant to detect radar so the 3200 can use DFS channels. You CAN use it as an AP if you want, but it is a 1 TX 1 RX antenna radio. Rolling Eyes

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Bwalsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:24    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues Reply with quote
ATHF wrote:
Bwalsh wrote:

but

ath2 is Marvell SD8887

If you are having the same type of issue as the person who posted above you, try a different build, backup your config first (as your VPN setup should be on it), and just restore it afterwards.

As far as ATH2, it is meant to detect radar so the 3200 can use DFS channels. You CAN use it as an AP if you want, but it is a 1 TX 1 RX antenna radio. Rolling Eyes

I am aware of ATH2, my point was that since that was the only one working at all, perhaps the 88W8964 driver is an issue. And I'm thinking from what I discovered about the SSID not being populated, it might be as simple as a typo in the build. I haven't had time to try to look into it.
veekay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
BobbyLee wrote:
My WRT3200ACM WiFi speeds dropped to 1-3 MB/s versus the normal 100 after 6+ days on this release. Rebooted router and no change, rebooted modem and my speeds were back to 100+. Is there anyway this version caused my modem to slowdown? Never had this happen before. Complete outage of the modem yes but never a slow down. Connected wirelessly so I couldn't get wired speeds before it was fixed.

Was this on 5ghz or 2.4? Mine has only been up for 2 days and my 5ghz has gone from 90 to 10. 2.4 is still fine. I'm on fiber so don't have an actual modem to reboot. Wired is still perfect.
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
veekay wrote:
Was this on 5ghz or 2.4? Mine has only been up for 2 days and my 5ghz has gone from 90 to 10. 2.4 is still fine. I'm on fiber so don't have an actual modem to reboot. Wired is still perfect.

Mine was definitely on 5 GHz but I also switched to the 2.4 and that one was only creeping along so I started rebooting things. I rebooted the router first thinking it was the new build but nothing improved so I then rebooted my modem and tahdah it was all back. I've never had that issue where my modem lights indicated everything was fine while my speeds were snail slow, so I was wondering if there was any way the new release on my router could have effected the modem speeds.
prcr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally decided to install this build of DD-WRT on my WRT3200ACM after all the woes that were going on when I bought the router almost half a year ago.

I've been running this build for the last couple of weeks with no issues whatsoever. I do automatically reboot my router every day at around 5 am, before anyone in the house wakes up - a habit I got into when I still had a WRT54GL because this gives me such a hassle free setup that I almost forget I have the router running at home.

I'm happy. Cool
Bwalsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 22:14    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues Reply with quote
Bwalsh wrote:
ATHF wrote:
Bwalsh wrote:

but

ath2 is Marvell SD8887

I am aware of ATH2, my point was that since that was the only one working at all, perhaps the 88W8964 driver is an issue. And I'm thinking from what I discovered about the SSID not being populated, it might be as simple as a typo in the build. I haven't had time to try to look into it.

Okay, over the holiday weekend, I took the time to investigate this further - including ssh into the router to check various things. Let me tell you upfront, I got everything working including the wireless lights.

Now, I will tell you all what I learned and did so others can benefit.

1 - I tried a couple different builds and that alone did not solve anything, but the build I am using in my working config is DD-WRT v3.0-r36006 std(05/23/1Cool

2- The wireless is being handled by the 'mwlwifi' kernel module/driver - apparently written by Marvelland more informaton can be found here https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi.

3 - Management of all the wifi is being handled by hostapd. Here is the homepage for it http://w1.fi/hostapd/

After reading all the docs for all of the above I discovered the settings that will work. Images Attached below
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: