Ethernet not getting DHCP - TPLink WR841NDv9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kidaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 18:48    Post subject: Ethernet not getting DHCP - TPLink WR841NDv9 Reply with quote
This is a question about my router acting as a wireless and wired access point. Wired clients don't get DHCP offers.

Device: TP Link WR841NDv9
DD-WRT version: r31690 std (03/17/17)

I have a primary router (connected to my DSL modem), and a secondary router (above). The primary router works perfectly supplying wired and wireless devices access to the internet.

The secondary router connects via ethernet to the primary router at the other side of the house. In ought to act as a WiFi access point and a switch for any wired devices attached (e.g. the TV). I do not use the WAN port at all on the secondary router.

DHCP is turned off on this secondary device, as the primary router should be the authoritative DHCP server.

Wifi clients CAN connect to the secondary router and gain ip via DHCP. However the wired clients cannot gain DHCP IP addresses from the secondary router.

Any help?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
As the wifi is working, the LAN port connected to the main router must be working.

Have you tried with a client with a static address?

What is the ouput of "swconfig dev switch0 show"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: