Need help get IGMP to work under WAN PPPoE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dnaeeeutd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 16:01    Post subject: Need help get IGMP to work under WAN PPPoE Reply with quote
Hello everyone.

I am currently using FTTH internet service. In my home network infrastructure, I use an optical-to-ethernet converter then connect a router which dials PPPoE to that converter.

My ISP provides me two services which are Internet and IPTV. The IPTV needs IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping to be enabled to work (NOT VLAN).

My router is TP-Link WR940N v5 (CPU Atheros TP9343 750MHz). When I use stock firmware, I just have to enable IGMP proxy to get IPTV working. However, stock firmware is not reliable, so I decide to use DD-WRT instead.

If I connect above router to another router (PPPoE dialing router - Totolink N300RT), set WAN connection type to DHCP, enable IGMP snooping, disable Filter multicast, then IPTV works fine. The N300RT is not very fast, so I want to directly dial PPPoE using my WR940N. Now the problem is the IPTV does not work anymore (the Internet connection is still fine).

I am sorry if my English annoys you because it's not my mother language. Hope someone can help me with this problem! Thank you.
Sponsor
dnaeeeutd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, after doing some digging myself, I finally found the correct configuration.

Here is the link to it. Hope this help someone.
https://ivanov-audio.com/bt-internet-3rd-party-routers/
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you check the /tmp/igmpproxy.conf file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: