DD-WRT version of inadyn does not work with INWX

CaptainStarlet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:34    Post subject: DD-WRT version of inadyn does not work with INWX Reply with quote
Dear experts,

I tried to solve the following topic for quite some time, read a lot of articles/pages and spent some nights in the meanwhile but unfortunately without any progress:

This is what I need:
INWX DDNS update url needs to look like: "https://dyndns.inwx.com/nic/update?myip=ww.xx.yy.zz" where ww.xx.yy.zz is the router's WAN ip (which changes almost daily). It works perfectly if you do it via any browser.

Problem:
As per logging inadyn always appends the hostname to the url. I haven't found a way to disable this or make inadyn to do it right. Also options like "append-myip=true" or using a variable "%i" in the update-url like it is documented for newer versions does not work. And it always says "Update successful" but actually it isn't...

Does anybody have a hint for me how to...?

Many Thanks,
Chris

Config: Asus AC-68U / Kong build from 19/02/18 / inadyn configuration via GUI
Sponsor
CaptainStarlet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks eibgrad,

It seems that I will have to try to set this up with dnsomatic... To be honest, I normally try to setup things the easy (=direct) way...

Yes INWX is a payed service (they host my domain) and the contract will unfortunately not expire soon...

Anyway, I did 2 screenshots real quick (this is only one way out of numerous I tried!). Maybe this gives you a clearer picture what happens.

I also accept if it turns out to be the classic PEBKAC-problem Wink. But in that case please advise how to

Many thanks again for your help,
Chris

Parameter II.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.59 KB
 Viewed:  1466 Time(s)

Parameter II.PNG

Parameter I.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.52 KB
 Viewed:  1466 Time(s)

Parameter I.PNG

CaptainStarlet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi eibgrad,

The hostname comes from the field hostname in the GUI (I also should have canceled this, but posted too fast).
You are right this seems to be exactly the problem. I did not find a way to tell the inadyn that is should append the IP instead of the hostname. I suspect, that there is some special functionality when you specify something in "<..>" because it does not show up in the "GET ..." log-line. But I did not manage to find the correct "variable name" ...

Best Regards,
Chris
DaDave
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi CaptainStarlet,

did you make any progress on this?

I had the same issue an dtalked to INWX support. They told me that the ADV (1.96-ADV) is not the latest one. It should work with version 2.00.

By now I lost a week of internet by bricking my router in the process of doing an update... I just brought it back to life with the latest available firmware and ADV is still version 1.96.. so this will be no solution Sad

BR DaDave
CaptainStarlet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear DaDave,

Unfortunatelly I couldn't make real progress so far in my case. INWX TechSupport has a setting on their server, that the DDNS service ignores whatever parameter is passed on to the service. But in my case this doesn't work because the DDNS update goes out on VPN and I need the "not-VPNed" IP there. This is actually not my highest priority. I'll keep the topic updated.

@development team: The easiest way to overcome all that would be the update of this package to the lastest version available version in one of the next builds...

Sorry,
Christoph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: