Kongac R6400v2 - Keeps Going Unresponsive (v3.0-r39960M)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:37    Post subject: Kongac R6400v2 - Keeps Going Unresponsive (v3.0-r39960M) Reply with quote
Issue: Flashed Kongac dd-wrt on my Netgear AC1750 R6400v2 (Build v3.0-r39960M - 06/08/19) last week, it was running fine for a few days then the past 2 days it has been just randomly dying completely. To the point where I am unable to even access the webgui.

The only thing that seems to fix it is to power off then turn back on the router manually. Doing this almost always seems to fix it, but within about 10-20min (Sometimes minutes more, sometimes hours more, it varies) it seems to just die again.

I checked the syslog, there's a ton of stuff, some red some yellow. I decided to throw it in a pastebin so you guys can take a look.

https://pastebin.com/dQArZc9n

Things To Note/Settings (Feel free to ask about something I didn't include):

Network Settings: https://pastebin.com/HSQ2MUWY

- QoS is completely disabled.
- All TCP Packet Priorities are disabled
- I use DHCP for 95% of the devices, a few are static ips.
- I have a Pihole setup on the local network for adblocking, this is the routers dns server.
- UPnP is Disabled

Sorry for this long post, I'd appreciate some help though as this as been a huge pain in the ass. The network constantly has been going down. Everything I have tried so far has not worked, and I've been working on this since I woke up this morning and basically haven't gotten anywhere. Searching hasn't done me much, I'm at a loss. I've seen a few people made forum posts on here with this same issue, but it seems their issues have been due to QoS which as I stated, I have disabled. I'm completely unsure. Maybe my syslog would be of some help, so I included it above. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thank you very much!
Sponsor
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this build I am on too old possibly? I notice Kong has many newer builds here , but they're all listed under beta and experimental.. What is the latest stable build?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are not <Kong>s builds, that's the main downloads FTP site. Those are the builds compiled by BrainSlayer. <Kong>s private builds are gone from the normal site, but http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr still has builds dating back to 2015. You are on the next to last <Kong> DD-WRT build published. He is no longer doing DD-WRT development.
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh ok.

It went out again over night, I took a look at the syslogs and it seems to be very similar logs to when it went out originally. But one weird thing I do notice is it seems to change all logs from the day before and any previous days to 'December 31st' and only show the proper date and time for today. I wonder if this may be some kind of time issue?

https://del.dog/lozojuvodu.sql (Pastebin was down)
Those are the logs, I gave the past 4 or so pages of the log. Note the dates changing from December to August 28th.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hardware failure is of course always a possibility.

But my advice would be reset to defaults by using CLI/putty and do: nvram erase && reboot

Put settings in manually do not restore from backup.

Adapt wireless settings an wireless security and keep everything else at default.

Test for a few days and if it works add the Pi as DNS server

The router and build are normally very stable

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
Hardware failure is of course always a possibility.

But my advice would be reset to defaults by using CLI/putty and do: nvram erase && reboot

Put settings in manually do not restore from backup.

Adapt wireless settings an wireless security and keep everything else at default.

Test for a few days and if it works add the Pi as DNS server

The router and build are normally very stable

Alright, I'll take a swing at this.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Dec 31 and Jan 1 dates/times in the syslog are normal on boot-up until ntp and wan_up sync.
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
The Dec 31 and Jan 1 dates/times in the syslog are normal on boot-up until ntp and wan_up sync.

Ah ok, well I did the reset and reboot and it's been up the past hour so far so good. I'll report back.
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, the router has been stable, no hicks, no issues absolutely perfect for the past 4 days.. until today. I woke up and the internet was out. Same issue couldn't ping. One thing I did notice is today is monday, and I did have it schedule to reboot every monday at 4am. I wonder if this is the issue currently. I have disabled it and will see if it goes out again. Now that I think about it, I think this was about the day it went out last week as well. I wonder if it's rebooting and not completely finishing. I was unable to connect or ping it or log into web ui. I had to shut off then turn back on. I wonder if it tries to reboot then never completely can. But this wouldn't explain why it kept going out every 20-40 minutes ago last week, because it was only set to reboot mondays at 4am. Unless something was stuck and it kept trying to reboot and getting stuck but idk. I'll see what happens now.

Here's some of the syslog if it's useful: https://pastebin.com/cUrwe4CJ
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would venture to reckon that scheduled reboot is problematic. Since I will most likely be trying to use one of the last two <Kong> builds on a recently acquired R7000P, I may give it a whirl to see if it causes issues.
z3rograv1tyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I would venture to reckon that scheduled reboot is problematic.

Idk it just went out again though.. this is super annoying tbh. I'll try resetting the router again but keep scheduled reboots off. This literally makes zero sense to me. I turn it off, then back on and it works fine for an hour then it just shuts off again.

Edit: I just reset it with nvram erase && reboot
and have scheduled reboot disabled. So frustrating. Also sucks that Kong isn't developing for this anymore.
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would update to last <Kong> build 40270 and see if that helps.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would suggest that you go back to stock and see if this is happening with stock firmware too. If it is - you have an issue unrelated to dd-wrt.

If not - load Kong's build 40270 (as bushant suggests) ... I am using it on the same router with no issues so far. Before making any settings, telnet and do an erase and reboot (as egc suggested).

Do not load any additional 3rd party frills ... just run the router on bare dd-wrt for 2 days. If all is okay - start loading the frills one by one to identify which one is creating an issue.

I faced a similar situation and know it can be very irritating to have the router misbehave/stop/reboot at unpredictable times. In my case, I narrowed my reboots down to a 3rd party random-server VPN script. Since I commented out the lines that caused the reboot - no issues whatsoever.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
I would update to last <Kong> build 40270 and see if that helps.

But I thought I was on the latest stable build for the r6400v2?

so build 40270 is supported on the R6400v2?
I assume it might have fixes for this or other stuff? Is it a stable build or a beta build? (Should I be worried at all)

Do you have a link to this build please?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
z3rograv1tyx wrote:
(Should I be worried at all)

Do you have a link to this build please?

No

http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/40270/

http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/Supported%20Models

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

Last edited by bushant on Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:25; edited 1 time in total
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: