Android Phones (Newer) Unable to Connect to Guest Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
TheRoark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 18:49    Post subject: Android Phones (Newer) Unable to Connect to Guest Network Reply with quote
I am unable to connect my Android phones (Pixel 6 and 6a) to the guest network and only the guest network running dd-wrt with the setup below:

Code:
Archer C7v2
Router ModelTP-Link ARCHER-C7 v2
Firmware VersionDD-WRT v3.0-r53133 std (07/01/23)
Kernel VersionLinux 3.18.140-d6 #176006 Sat Jul 1 05:23:54 +06 2023 mips
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9558 ver 1 rev 1.0 (0x1130)
CPU Cores1
CPU Features
MIPS32r1 MIPS32r2 MIPS16
CPU Clock720 MHz

Older Android devices and other devices such as computers and wifi cameras are able to connect to the guest network just fine.

It appears to be an issue with the DHCP server; the Androids seem to fail when "obtaining an IP address."

I can post back any additional information if it would be helpful.

Thanks for any help.

Firewall:

Code:
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
   iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
   iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -o br0 -m state --state NEW -j DROP
   iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o br1 -m state --state NEW -j DROP
   iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport telnet -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
   iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport ssh -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
   iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport www -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
   iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport https -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
   # iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 9100:9102 -j logaccept  ## was supposed to give access to port 9100
Sponsor
TheRoark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adding info that will make the issues clear, as I just definitively identified the problem -- but not sure if there is a solution.

I have dd-wrt on the Archer C7 with the guest network "dd-wrt-guest" set up at wlan0.1.

I have a wired connection from the C7 to an Archer C8 -- which is not running ddwrt b/c I bricked it and, on debrick, it just will not accept anything but the stock firmware.

I am trying to run the same guest network ssid, "dd-wrt-guest" in the subnet 10.0.2.x, on both the C7 and the C8.

This seems to kind of work -- but only for some devices (e.g., computers and wifi cameras) and not for others (e.g., newer Android phones).

When I say "work" I mean that the devices can connect to the C8 via the guest network and have the C7 distribute the IP addresses in the guest subnet (10.0.2.x).

Please note the following:

If I shut the C8 off, all devices can properly connect to the C7 guest network.

If I set the C8 (TP Link firmware) to allow guests to see my local network, all devices can access that SSID via the C8 -- but -- the C7 distributes 10.0.1.x IP addresses.

Any ideas how to make it work across the board (other than changing the guest network name on the CCool?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: