TP LINK AX6000 USB Printer Server

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jonm99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:58    Post subject: TP LINK AX6000 USB Printer Server Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using DDWRT on my old Archer c7 and printer sharing (with my usb only laser printer) works like a charm. I have recently upgraded to the AX6000 and am just realizing that the default f/w doesn't support usb printing. Was hopping that DDWRT could resolve that... AX6000 is BC but it's not the same chipset that is listed on on this forum as incompatible (and that was a post from 2020 anyway). Is there a f/w version that would work on this model router? And if so, would it resolve the printer server issue or is that a h/w (lack of) issue?
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
No AX Broadcom device support. Requires being tied to specific kernel and proprietary driver bits.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/TP-LINK_Archer_AX6000

Sticky: AX Router support for BCM
BrainSlayer wrote:
AX will only come for qca chipset. broadcom doesn't provide an opensource sdk. All is full of binary blob. So, I wasn't able to get the kernel working yet since fundamental.

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
jonm99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 13:20    Post subject: Archer c7 as print server? Reply with quote
Got it, thanks.

Can I connect my Archer c7 via Lan to the new router ax6000 router and use it as a print server (connected to the printer via USB)? It worked before as a primary router, I imagine it's possible as a secondary (assuming I disable Wan)? If so, how do I need to configure the setup? C7 is with ddwrt, ax6000 with original fw.

Mod note: Topic locked because new topic opened regarding this same question. -kp69

REF: Archer c7 as print server?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: