Multiple internet access points (WRT610N)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dtech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Multiple internet access points (WRT610N) Reply with quote
Hi,

In my new appartment I will get 2 internet connections: a (fast) Cable connection and an ADSL connection. Both with a dynamic IP adress. See the attached image (The picture is overkill for the question, but I already made it so I attached it).

Because it takes some time for the subscriptions to become active, I do not have internet in the appartment until the 15th of January. I do however have a Smart phone with HDSPA internet access, Wifi, Bluetooth and USB. While slow, it's stable and works (I'm posting this from it through my laptop).

My ideal setup would be like this:

1. The (virtual) servers have semi-exclusive access to the ADSL line. DynDNS and QoS make sure of this.
  2. The "normal" computers and guests prefer the cable connection, but can use the superfluous bandwidth of the ADSL connection
  3. The mobile broadband connection is used as backup for when the other two connections are not available. Bandwidth-consuming applications are blocked and only mail, internet, messenger etc. are allowed.

So basically it boils down to this:
1. Can DD-WRT support "load-balancer" style multiple internet connections?
2. How, and with which hardware, should I configure this?

The hardware I have available is:

1. A Linksys WRT610N v1.0 (DD-WRT 24 preSP2)
  2. A Linksys WAG160N ADSL2 Gateway (stock firmware)
  3. A Linksys WRT54GL (DD-WRT 24 preSP2)
  4. A Cable modem (Just 1 UTP port, passes through the connection)
  5. A 5 or 8 port switch I still have to buy

Also, I still have to buy the switch. Are there any (gigabit) switches supporting DD-WRT? Is there a way to find out? Or should I buy a supported router and configure it as switch?

Netwerk-MtB23.png
 Description:
Network setup
 Filesize:  124.97 KB
 Viewed:  2901 Time(s)

Netwerk-MtB23.png

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: