nocatsplash only run if the interface WAN is configured :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
imakoki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 16:49    Post subject: nocatsplash only run if the interface WAN is configured :( Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been fighting some time with nocatsplash and has been that did not work to me not to have formed WAN interface.

Would be possible to make some change so that it is not obligatory?

I need nocatsplash like page warning when entering my network but the router only is doing of access point and is a problem for me to have to configurate the interface wan in all routers in which we need to activate nocatsplash.

I also would want to take advantage of the occasion to ask if in the future it will be possible not to need a DNS server resolution so that nocatsplash works. Is had thought to do something? In the original project of nocatsplash I believe that if but not if this left or even this working in.

Thanks Wink and sorry for my english :(

greetings Wink
imakoki
Sponsor
imakoki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 22:35    Post subject: One more a thing ... Reply with quote
One more a thing. Would be possible to use nocatsplash to also show the page of splash within the own network? Now only it appears the page when we tried to go to a different network.

greetings Wink
imakoki
imakoki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

exists some possibility that something can be developed?

greetings Wink
imakoki
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
no. nocat can just display a splash for the network which comes from wan, but not within the lan itself since this is a bridged network or even managed by the lan switch itself. this network cannot be filtered in this way which notcatsplash goes. so you must connect your local network before your accesspoint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:06    Post subject: Thanks ;) Reply with quote
Thanks to respond. We are trying to mount a free network with wireless, in my locality. We wanted to use nocat to show a warning page to which they are connected to the access points but I believe that it does not go if possible Sad

Your you could give some suggestion me to do this?

greetings and thanks Wink
imakoki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: