Another Bricked EOC-5610

Goto page Previous  1, 2
rinja
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 22:52    Post subject: EOC-5610 DOA Reply with quote
Quote:
techtravis Posted: 30 Oct 2009 17:50 Post subject:
Alright. Confirmed again. As per my previous post.

Reasons I know EOC-5610 is bricked:
1. The device only has the power light lit, you can see a very very dim WLAN light.

2. When attached from Device, to POE, to computer. Computer does not detect anything is plugged into network card.

3. When attached from Device, to POE, to switch. The switches port does not light up. Thus it does not see the device either.

4. I do not see the device broadcasting a SSID from the wireless devices.

5. I have ran ping -t 192.168.1.1 while powering on the device. This runs for several minutes without ever getting a response.

I cannot get into redboot, unless there is some other magical trick I am unaware of.

This unit is dead. I would not recommend updating to V24 preSP2 Build 13064 via the webflash.

Also. I looked at the board and It has a 4 pin connector inside named JP2. Is this a serial connector?

techtravis,

just my 2 cents worth, but i've had a couple of the EOC5610s do the exact same thing after a dd-wrt FW install...it seems that the 5610 just gave up the ghost for no reason...since they we new (within 2wks) the VAR took them back with no questions...cheers....;-}

EOC-5610 (07/22/09) std-12533
UBNT RS 12188
Sponsor
techtravis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
rinja,

I'm in the process of filling out the RMA. I just received a 2610 and right off the bat it responds alot quicker than the 5610 did even though the processor is not as fast. Makes me wonder if there was an underlying issue to start with.

I ruled out any issue with the POE now since the new unit has arrived. I've done more than my share of DD-WRT installs. But this is the first one just to die like that.

techtravis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, received a new EOC5610 today. RMA took a little longer than I thought it would but overall the guys at EnGenius are pretty good guys.

I sent Markus a copy of the RMA request and documents along with the old and new MAC addresses and he's set me up with a new key.

Hopefully once I get back to the house I can attempt the upgrade on this one and see how it goes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: