need help configuring WDS on EOC-2610 AP

no1madcow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 21:10    Post subject: need help configuring WDS on EOC-2610 AP Reply with quote
please forgive me if this has been addressed, I have spent over 4 hours trying without success to understand the posts concerning the EOC-2610.

I have severe dyslexia and am having trouble understanding what I am reading.

I have fumbled through upgrading the firmware to the dd-wrt and have activated it but from here i am lost.

If their is anyone in the US that can help me on the phone I would be greatly in your debt. Please if you can e-mail me at no1madcow@cfl.rr.com and either give me your number or I will give you mine.

Thank you

-Dan
Sponsor
no1madcow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is more information about the network being configured.

our current system consists of a EOC-8610 feeding a Houtespot HR-WRAPDX dual radio routing ap/repeater on radio 1 via ptp then transmitting wireless on radio 2 via an omni antenna. this covers about 90% of the property leaving 10% not covered.

I purchased 4 EOC-2610 and flashed them with the latest DD-WRT firmware to cover the remaining 10% of the property.

When I go to the DD-WRT wiki page and look at the tutorials for setting up the WDS it gives this for the Atheros chip set
Quote:
Atheros
Only set the ap to "wds ap" and the clients to "wds station". Put all on the same SSID. Now set your prefered wireless encryption. Don´t set the wds mac table! This always causes trouble so stay away from it.
WDS between different chip vendors (atheros, broadcom, ralink) will not work since its INCOMPATIBLE and no we will NOT fix it

WDS-Sta will not work as AP simultaneously. This is not possible @ atheros. For this you need to add a VAP.
WDS AirOS <-> DD-WRT: possible when AirOS 3.x WDS-AP <-> DD-WRT v24.SP2 WDS-Sta

This is all i can find about WDS and Atheros, there is like 1 million words describing setting up the "broadcom" chip and only this one paragraph for the Atheros.

My problem is that the HR-WRAPDX wants to use the MAC address for the WDS and has no option to set it as a "WDS AP".(that i can find)

I guess my question is do I need to set the WDS MAC table on the EOC-2610 to connect to the HR-WRAPDX or will it find the 2610 just by me setting it as a "WDS Station" The tutorial warns not to use the MAC table.
Quote:
Don´t set the wds mac table! This always causes trouble so stay away from it.

This is what is causing my confusion.
Please advise me of the proper way to configure the WDS for my system.

Thank you
-Dan
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1madcow wrote:

When I go to the DD-WRT wiki page and look at the tutorials for setting up the WDS it gives this for the Atheros chip set
Quote:
Atheros
Only set the ap to "wds ap" and the clients to "wds station". Put all on the same SSID. Now set your prefered wireless encryption. Don´t set the wds mac table! This always causes trouble so stay away from it.
WDS between different chip vendors (atheros, broadcom, ralink) will not work since its INCOMPATIBLE and no we will NOT fix it

WDS-Sta will not work as AP simultaneously. This is not possible @ atheros. For this you need to add a VAP.
WDS AirOS <-> DD-WRT: possible when AirOS 3.x WDS-AP <-> DD-WRT v24.SP2 WDS-Sta

This is all i can find about WDS and Atheros, there is like 1 million words describing setting up the "broadcom" chip and only this one paragraph for the Atheros.

so thats all the truth...nothing more to know
Quote:

My problem is that the HR-WRAPDX wants to use the MAC address for the WDS and has no option to set it as a "WDS AP".(that i can find)

so this will MAYBE work with the mac based wds but definitley only without encryption!!

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Last edited by Sash on Mon Nov 09, 2009 22:06; edited 1 time in total
no1madcow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Acknowledged.

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: