How to block specific facebook profiles with DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions
phowarth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 18:15    Post subject: How to block specific facebook profiles with DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hi All,

I would like to block a couple of specific facebook profiles using dd-wrt to prevent any computer in the network for accessing those profiles. I do not want to block access to Facebook just the profiles.

I realize that a facebook user can block profiles, but in this case I don't want the end user to be able to control that.

I have successfully blocked entire websites with dd-wrt, however I have not been successful in blocking a facebook profile.

I have tried blocking the following

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=XXXXXXXX

With the "X's " being the profile number, but that does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thx
Sponsor
elizaara
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is Facebook chat stopping all other pages from being able to type? Every time someone says something new on the facebook chat, suddenly I can no longer type anywhere in that window (it doesn't matter what tab) until I either maximize and them minimize the chat window, or minimize and maximize the entire window. I am running on Firefox 3.5.2, but I believe that this has been happening for a while now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
phowarth wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to block a couple of specific facebook profiles using dd-wrt to prevent any computer in the network for accessing those profiles. I do not want to block access to Facebook just the profiles.

I realize that a facebook user can block profiles, but in this case I don't want the end user to be able to control that.

I have successfully blocked entire websites with dd-wrt, however I have not been successful in blocking a facebook profile.

I have tried blocking the following

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=XXXXXXXX

With the "X's " being the profile number, but that does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thx

iptables -I INPUT -i br0 -p tcp --dport facebook.com/profile.php?id=XXXXXXXX -j REJECT
iptables -I INPUT -i br0 -p tcp --dport facebook.com/username -j REJECT
iptables -I INPUT -i br0 -p tcp --dport m.facebook.com -j REJECT

With the X being the profile number and username as another backdoor

If you wont it for blocking the Wireless And LAN save it to the firewall if not just change the bro (look down) and reset, Just fingers cross it works :)

br0 = 4 LAN and the WiFi together

vlan0 is the 4 LAN ports

eth1 is the WIFI
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables_command

elizaara wrote:
Why is Facebook chat stopping all other pages from being able to type? Every time someone says something new on the facebook chat, suddenly I can no longer type anywhere in that window (it doesn't matter what tab) until I either maximize and them minimize the chat window, or minimize and maximize the entire window. I am running on Firefox 3.5.2, but I believe that this has been happening for a while now.

Are you not blocking the entire facebook.com as facebook chat uses...

http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php
If not uninstall firefox and install it again

EE BrightBox 1 aka A4001N (OpenWrt 17.01.4)
Sagemcom FAST@5364 (VDSL2,FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) Synced 65/17

Twitter: @francisuk1989
---------------------------------
Found a bug? Report it http://svn.dd-wrt.com
DD-WRT Official FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493762527744455
bob.wan.qi.kim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 23:22    Post subject: Re: How to block specific facebook profiles with DD-WRT Reply with quote
phowarth wrote:
Hi All,

Thx

1) Isn't that really kinna Nazi?
Honestly, I don't even think thats LEGAL.

2) The person you are blocking will definately have the right to sue you. Restricting communication between your employees and others IS a legal matter

3) If you really want to be nazi... you can just put a smart bridge between the router and your end user machines.. it can handle ASTERISKS

-- bob wan qi kim
I wrote: [url=removed]Facebook Marketing[/url] Strategies
exfelon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
your joking right? if they're employees, he can do whatever he likes to their employer owned internet access.

also, you writing the facebook marketing strat book is kinda telling on what side of the line you are on...
TSellers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Restricting communication between your employees and others IS a legal matter

If you made that quote based upon some previous legal training you may have taken, would it be too late to get your money back?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: