routing outgoing traffic to specific IP range?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
phillyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 18:38    Post subject: routing outgoing traffic to specific IP range? Reply with quote
This is a post that grows at out of previous posts of mine concerning setting up a outgoing VPN connection.
(http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=169342)

Sooo, I now have the connection set up but would now like the "internet" to not work if it isn't connected through the VPN. (If the VPN server is down for example)

Can I some how under advanced routing set this up? I would assume I should be able to restrict my outgoing traffic to only the 10.XX.XX.XX range but I have NEVER attempted this and would appreciate some help.

Also I'm not sure if the advanced routing tab is only meant for dealing with incoming traffic.

My WAN IP with VPN is in the 10.XX.XX.XX range and if VPN is off it is 192.XXX.X.XX

So would my settings be something like this?
Operating mode gateway (although I have the DD-WRT connected to a different modem/router it seems to work)

Set number (?): 1
destination lan net 10.XX.XX.XX
subnet mask (?): 10.XX.XX.XX
gateway (?)
Interface: WAN

Everything I entered is guesswork and "uneducated" at that.

Thank you for any and all help,
Philly
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: