WRT54G v6 (neutered) - "Upgrade Fail"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wiski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 0:15    Post subject: WRT54G v6 (neutered) - "Upgrade Fail" Reply with quote
I've must have missed a step somewhere while upgrading my WRT54G v.6 (neutered version). I'm getting an "Upgrade Failed" screen and I'm not sure why. I've found several guides including the "Peacock guide" and the "Gv5Flash.zip" file which claims to include everything needed to flash one of these systems.

Last time I flashed a Linksys router I applied the vxworks_prep file, then the firmware and I was done. This time I followed the instructions regarding the 30/30/30 hard reset, and I applied vxworks_prep_v03. Each time I was asked to wait I set an alarm for 5 minutes to ensure I wouldn't jump the gun and brick the router. I don't run windows so I didn't worry about running the software to pull the MAC addresses. (I can deal with this problem later.)

I'm now presented with a white "Management Mode Firmware Upgrade" screen, but the firmware dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro.bin included in Gv5Flash.zip is unable to upload correctly. I'm given an "Upgrade Fail" screen. I went through the site looking for the correct firmware. I've tried:

dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro.bin
dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin (both the "stable" and "recommended" versions)
dd-wrt.v24_micro_olsrd._generic.bin

The only firmware that doesn't fail immediately is the "recommended" version of dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin. The screen eventually goes blank and 5 minutes later I'm back at the "Management Mode Firmware Upgrade" screen again. I've tried both a hard reset and the 30/30/30 reset before and after trying to upload this firmware.

I'm obviously missing SOMETHING but what?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsor
bamaredwingsfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get the same errors right off the bat, Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: