Unbricking WHR-G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
jpborjas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 19:36    Post subject: Can't get the timing right? Reply with quote
My WHR-HP-G300N, was probably flashed with the wrong firmware. The router pings very consistently. When I turn it on, I get solid Power and Diag, then Diag goes away (no flashing at all), and then Power, Wireless and Security come on, in that order. I've tried many, many times to the TFTP to start, I also tried the firmware tools, to no avail. I'm using an XP Client on a Win 7 host, connected to a switch, connected to the Buffalo router. This is killing me. Any suggestions?.
Sponsor
MIchaell56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 15:15    Post subject: Got back DD-WRT Reply with quote
My diag lamp flashes twice and led power on (Buffalo WHR-G300N)
Used tftp2 with the file .tftp renamed firmware.ram
server 192.168.11.1
card 192.168.11.2
Done. We will have DD-WRT again :) (Windows 8.1)
TTJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone, my WHR-G300N was running fine on DD-WRT for couple of years until suddenly it just stops working few days ago. I can't access the router at all and I suspect it's bricked. I would like to know if I can recover it. When I plug in the power now the POWER LED is ON the ROUTER LED is ON and the DIAG LED is ON(but kinda dimmed). All 3 lights are in constant ON and the router just doesn't respond at all. Plugging LAN cables shows no lights on the router but on PC it shows a connection. Help me out guys. Thanks.
henry8596
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
TTJ, me too, after couple of years then it stops working. Mine is POWER LED and red DIAG led constantly on whenever power plugged.

Now getting no response from the router at all through computer.

Try to flash tftp2.exe and the easy standard tftp from wiki still no luck.

And wonder if it already flashed to DD-WRT, should we set the ip to 192.168.1.2 instead of 192.168.11.2 (factory original ip) since it's already in DD-WRT?

Any help will be great as I would like to use this additional router to do AP.

Thank you very much.
mokeboi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone is still following this post seeing how old it is, but...

I have a WHR-G300N with the same issues as the op, Solid diagnostic and power lights. Happened after I tried to update the wrt on it.
I have tried to do a tftp flash so far on mac os(not super clear on the instructions for it), and windows 10 using tftpd and tftp2 with no success. Have tried to change settings, file names, timing. Not sure if there are any other trick to get those programs working?
Will maybe try to use linux next to see if that will work.
If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: