QoS in DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ai4dd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:04    Post subject: QoS in DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std Reply with quote
I installed DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std on a WRT54GL 1.1.
The QoS tab lets me add and edit services, but the ports are all at zero: I see services described as "100bao [0 ~ 0]", and so on....
If I go into the Port Services window, the port fields are grayed out, and they all have the value 0 for all the services. Selecting a service and pressing the Modify button just shows the JavaScript alert, and still doesn't enable the port fields for editing.
Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks.

PortServices.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.27 KB
 Viewed:  6959 Time(s)

PortServices.JPG

Sponsor
gguruusa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, you're missing something. See where it says L7 in the protocol field? That means a pattern matching filter is being used to identify the traffic instead of specifically naming the ports the traffic will occur on.

You should usually use L7 protocols when available, but you can always change it to ports if you want to specifically identify the ports.
ai4dd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot, that worked!
I guess I'd rather use port matching for two reasons: (possible) less memory/CPU usage on the router and BitComet encrypting communications to supported clients for the specific purpose of throwing off QoS at ISP level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: