Web interface login issues with v23 SP2...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
the_jaguar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 17:17    Post subject: Web interface login issues with v23 SP2... Reply with quote
I upgraded from v23 final to v23 SP2 yesterday. I had a custom password set. I used the "no reset" option while upgrading, because I didnt want to lose all the customizations that I have performed over a year.
I have tried all login/passwd combinations and I cannot log in root/admin, root/mypasswd, admin/admin, admin/mypasswd, blank/admin.. etc and none of these combinations work on the web interface..
I tried to telnet into the box with root/mypasswd and it was successful! So, I can telnet into the box, but I cannot use the web interface. The box does not have a "passwd" command, so I am not able to change the root passwd via telnet.
What I can do is to edit the /etc/passwd file and take out the passwd hash for root, but I wanted to make sure that this will not cause any problems. I could really use some help here Smile
Please advice...
Sponsor
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do the folowing in telnet
Code:
nvram set http_passwd=
nvram commit

You can login now without a password. After that, enter a new password and tataa! Smile

Donater
the_jaguar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the response..
Actually, before you responded, I have set the nvram to a new password and commited it and rebooted the router..
After that, I could not even telnet with my new password and the web ui password was not working either.
I had made a backup of my settings earlier. So, I went ahead and reset the router, and used the backup.bin file and manually entered in all the settings again (didnt want to take a chance with loading automatically from backup).

The tip you gave is good to know. The next time I upgrade and have such a problem, I know exactly what to do Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: