[Solved]WNDR3700 using SqueezeBox Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
punkinduster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 15:46    Post subject: [Solved]WNDR3700 using SqueezeBox Server Reply with quote
I noticed when using the stock firmware v1.0.4.68 for the Netgear 3700 with the Squeezebox Server v7.5.1 that the IP addresses were identfied correctly for my Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Boom. But when I changed to DD-WRT r15407 the IP address identified by the Squeezebox Server were both the same and it was the address for the router.

This is with stock router firmware:

Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
Firmware: 7.5.1-r9009
Player IP Address: 192.168.2.33
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:26:xx:xx

Player Model: Squeezebox Boom
Firmware: 50
Player IP Address: 192.168.2.44
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:xx:xx

This is with DD-WRT router firmware:

Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
Firmware: 7.5.1-r9009
Player IP Address: 192.168.2.1
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:26:xx:xx

Player Model: Squeezebox Boom
Firmware: 50
Player IP Address: 192.168.2.1
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:xx:xx

Could someone explain to me if this is a bug or a feature? The reason I am concerned is my Squeezebox Radio is constantly trying to reconnect to the server as it plays buffered music. This only happens using DD-WRT and never using stock router firmware.

Last edited by punkinduster on Wed Nov 24, 2010 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
punkinduster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone else see this or have a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!
kingsmill
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is setup, advanced routing, operating mode set to router or gateway?
punkinduster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
kingsmill wrote:
Is setup, advanced routing, operating mode set to router or gateway?

It is set to Gateway.

Update: I changed the mode to router and it did correct the IP addresses identified by the Squeezebox server. But the obvious problem with doing this is now no one can get out to the Internet. I put it back to gateway where it belongs on a network with just one router.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess there must be something else causing the constant retries.
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, they VERY important part you missed out telling us was that you are usning this router as an access-point/gateway in your network that already has a router on it.

Is that correct?

if so you need to change the 3700 into gateway and turn off all dhcp and dont use the WAN port on the back. see what happens then.

Atheros wireless settings Here

WNDR3700 Wiki

OpenVPN configuration I have refined: OpenVPN Config

ALL WNDR3700 users please fill out this short Poll
punkinduster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
ccdoggy wrote:
ok, they VERY important part you missed out telling us was that you are usning this router as an access-point/gateway in your network that already has a router on it.

Is that correct?

I guess I wasn't clear, sorry. I have the WAN port on the 3700 connected to a cable modem. A PC, a Linksys VOIP PAP, and the Squeezebox server connected with ethernet cables to 3 of the 4 LAN ports. A Squeezebox radio, a Squeezebox boom, and a laptop connected on wireless 2.4ghz. Additionally, a Netgear WNHDE111 bridge on wireless 5ghz connected to a Roku box and a Directv DVR. I have IP addresses reserved for all of the devices defined under services/static address on the 3700. Everything is working GREAT with stock firmware but I like DD-WRT so much better. When I use r15407 firmware the Squeezebox radio will play but it keeps retrying to connect to the server. Everything else works ok.
punkinduster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone else have an idea of why the Squeezebox radio continually tries to reconnect to the server using DD-WRT firmware? Maybe I just have to wait to see if it works when the 2.4ghz wireless driver is updated.
grouper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have exactly the same problem, on dd-wrt the squeeze-radio is unusable.
(setup for me: router behind a cablemodem)
cloggy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using 2 x Philips NP2500/12 both through WiFi and as a test I left one on last night and this morning it was connected >13 hours and still playing. So, I wonder if it has something to do with dd-wrt. At least for the Philips radio's, it doesn't matter if the stock firmware or dd-wrt is used.. Very Happy
grouper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm that I have no problem with Squeeze-Radio on stock, just with dd-wrt. On stock several weeks uptime are no problem.

I have read on a broadcom topic that dd-wrt causes problem on other routers as well with the Squeeze Radio, so it´s not even our router, but dd-wrt.

Anyone tried the latest release?
the cosmic gate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried the latest version but the problem still there Embarassed Crying or Very sad
punkinduster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
punkinduster wrote:
Anyone else have an idea of why the Squeezebox radio continually tries to reconnect to the server using DD-WRT firmware? Maybe I just have to wait to see if it works when the 2.4ghz wireless driver is updated.

I thought I would do some more testing to see if the Squeezebox Radio's wireless module had anything to do with this issue of continually trying to reconnect to the server.

I setup my old Linksys router as a wireless bridge and connected the Squeezebox radio to the bridge directly with an Ethernet cable. This setup makes sure I am not using the wireless in the SB radio. Reconfigured the radio to use Wired connection. The Bridge connected fine to the 3700 router. When I turned the radio on I STILL noticed the SAME problem with the radio connecting and disconnecting repeatedly with the SqueezeBox server.

Something is making the radio think it has lost connection with the SB server but ONLY when using a path through the 3700 wireless. BTW: It works fine when connected directly to an Ethernet port on the 3700.
grouper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have a look at this topic, different Router, same problem:

http://dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82259&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Seems more to be a problem how DD-WRT handles the Squeezeserver Protocol
the cosmic gate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
the lastest build 15778 seems to be the solution .... it works for me now
grouper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
the cosmic gate wrote:
the lastest build 15778 seems to be the solution .... it works for me now

What Squeezebox type do you use? The Radio?
Did you set something particular within the settings to make it work?
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: