Recent DD-WRT builds removed speed CTRL QoS on some routers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 22:45    Post subject: Recent DD-WRT builds removed speed CTRL QoS on some routers! Reply with quote
I just noticed on the DIR-825 with r15778 QoS is not direct speed control anymore but is now the bad priority based one... why is this?! The priority based QoS is so bad it doesn't even work AT ALL.. bulk download PC doesn't slow down AT ALL for the second PC on express thats trying to download, etc.

At least the WNDR3700 still has the direct speed control but what the hell, when I move to my friend's house in a week the main router is going to be the DIR-825.. how are we going to QoS properly now..? This is the main reason I gave away my DIR-825 was it's QoS type.. (no the WNDR3700 will not be the main router instead, will be used for myself in client mode).

I was told D-Link paid for the QoS support, if they didn't revoke it then I want an explanation of why it was removed or just plain stick it back in. Sure it had some problems like netmask not limiting any upstream but per MAC worked and thats what I need the MOST. Priority based DOES NOT WORK at all.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guess the DIR-825 stays on the last build where this wonderful QoS last existed.. if it *HAS* to be removed at least wait until theres a paid version for Atheros so we can get it back immediately?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: