Bittorrent, USB-drive, printer on WL-500gP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
InterClaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:24    Post subject: Bittorrent, USB-drive, printer on WL-500gP Reply with quote
Hi,

Being almost completely new to Linux, would the answer to my question...

"What do I need to do to get bittorrent, USB-drive, and USB-printer functionality in the DD-WRT GUI?"

... simply be...

"Don't bother, newbie"

... or could I - with you guys' help of course - actually pull it off?

I read the wiki on "Optware" and I guess I could type that stuff into the telnet interface (something I've virtually never come into contact with before Embarassed), but then what? Is everything command line based after that?

If anyone of you feel up to the challenge to tell me a little about this, or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running v23 SP2 std on a WL-500gP. Wink

Also, offtopic, but is there a feature list for v24 somewhere?
Sponsor
elektik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 13:51    Post subject: Re: Bittorrent, USB-drive, printer on WL-500gP Reply with quote
InterClaw wrote:
Hi,

Being almost completely new to Linux, would the answer to my question...

"What do I need to do to get bittorrent, USB-drive, and USB-printer functionality in the DD-WRT GUI?"

... simply be...

"Don't bother, newbie"

... or could I - with you guys' help of course - actually pull it off?

I read the wiki on "Optware" and I guess I could type that stuff into the telnet interface (something I've virtually never come into contact with before Embarassed), but then what? Is everything command line based after that?

If anyone of you feel up to the challenge to tell me a little about this, or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running v23 SP2 std on a WL-500gP. Wink

Also, offtopic, but is there a feature list for v24 somewhere?

Its kind of funny, but BS and I were talking about this subject lastnight. I had brought up this same suggestion. Kinda odd that you posted it within an 5 hour period after I brought it up to him! Whether or not we will impliment it is still up to him. The suggestion did go into the feature request list tho Wink
InterClaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hehe, well maybe in the future then. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: