Azureus' Slow Speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Forgotten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:37    Post subject: Azureus' Slow Speeds Reply with quote
I know this has been beaten to death...

I have followed instructions as per directed by the wiki.
I have portforwarded.
There is no other computer using the network at the present.
My router is the WRT54G v.5 w/ DD-WRT v23 SP2.

My download speed for azureus is always hovering at around 20kb/s when its usually in the 100 range. My upload speed is great and so is everything else since I've upgraded to DD-WRT.

So can anyone give me some advice?
Sponsor
Undertaker289
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 19:43    Post subject: Re: Azureus' Slow Speeds Reply with quote
I think that's your solution: Router Slowdown
Forgotten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've already completed that when I installed the firmware. Although that solved my initial problem a while back, this is speed related, not "Too many connections"
placebo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried other BitTorrent clients to verify that the problem is with Azureus? Have you also tried Azureus with your computer directly connected to the internet to verify that DD-WRT is related to the problem? Have you tried a known fast torrent to make sure you're just not hitting a run of slow torrents? Did you cap your upload speed to about 80% of your upload bandwidth?

I've been running Azureus here with no problems. A couple of torrents are painfully slow. They don't have many seeds, and the seeders are trickling data out at 1-3 KB/s. But with other torrents, I get nice, fast downloads. (We have different routers, though. My router is a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 with DD-WRT v23 SP2.)
Forgotten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tested multiple torrents on multiple clients on multiple networks. Upload speeds have been capped.

Everything goes above 20kb/s save my network. The only one with the dd-wrt firmware.

[EDIT] Sorry a quick talk to my ISP, Shaw, and they said it was because of some cabling issues in the area. Thanks everyone for your concern.
Paperweight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could be that your bitorrent traffic is bandwidth shaped away? Shaw does that! Try using full-settings encryption.
AloneOverSeas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
you've got to modify the Maximum Ports available from the administration tab of your DD-WRT web interface.

it works for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: