Buffalo WHR-G54S Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 16:19    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-G54S Questions Reply with quote
Can anyone verify whether or not the 12 pin port on the WHR-G54S board is a standard JTAG port? It's labeled as J7.

Also, what does the gray, square foam sticker thing on the processor chip do?? Is it some sort of heat dissipating material?.....protection?....it's ugly, can I take it off? Thanks!!

DSCF3328 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.35 KB
 Viewed:  4065 Time(s)

DSCF3328 copy.jpg

Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
Sponsor
gm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 21:18    Post subject: Re: Buffalo WHR-G54S Questions Reply with quote
anectine17 wrote:
Can anyone verify whether or not the 12 pin port on the WHR-G54S board is a standard JTAG port? It's labeled as J7.

I have not traced the pins out yet but it does look like J7 is the j-tag port.
Quote:

Also, what does the gray, square foam sticker thing on the processor chip do?? Is it some sort of heat dissipating material?.....protection?....it's ugly, can I take it off? Thanks!!

I think it is there to increase the heat dissipation from the processor - it's only ugly if you keep the case off! Very Happy Personally - if you are going to remove the thing I would at least put a heatsink on the processor to give it some heat dissipation beyond it's case...

Just a thought...

gm...

Yep - old enough to remember when Minux came out (have the book), The IBM PC (XT) was not out and Radio Shack had a computer system - cut my teeth on a CP/M based system with 2.5-MHz 8080 processor and 48K of ram!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: