Trying to use my router to debug a wireless NIC problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bloggins666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Trying to use my router to debug a wireless NIC problem Reply with quote
Oh and BTW, I found the same problem with the previous guys post. After I had upgraded to the dd-wrt v23 SP2, I could not access the router by using the username password in the notes.txt file and nor could I use my old ones. I had to do a hard reset and then change the usual settings to get my system back...

I'm wondering about the Status->Wireless page information. I'm currently tring to configure a linux box to use a wireless NIC (linksys PCI card with the rt2500 chipset). Its installed and using DHCP to get connect to my LAN. When I look at the status information there are 2 fields that are of interest. Received and Transmitted. Will I see the pre-connection traffic in these 2 fields? In other words, if the NIC is trying to get the DHCP server to respond will these packets show up in the count or will those stats only change once the interface has succesfully connected to the router.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: