TP-Link WA701ND v1 support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
haciamca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a 701nd v1 for over 3 years now. When I bought it, I've become frustrated with performance of the repeater so I flashed OpenWRT (12.09) only to learn that it wasn't practical for me for the lack of a GUI / WEB interface (LUCI was not entegrated).

At that time I couldn't make the device to go online and opkg it (I remember a long period of iptable config editing while doing that).

Thus I became even more frustrated and rebox the 701nd and bought a bigger antenna and an additional wireless nic to repeat the signal into my house on a pc-based setting.

Just imagine the cost of running pc, buying additional hardware for other than no reason to serve guests 24/7 wifi internet.

Fast forwarding to today, I revert to stock firmware through SCP and sysupgrade of OpenWRT then with the help of the latest posts I replaced the modified binary of 801nd dd-wrt fw file.

Now let me rephrase:

* 701nd is a widely distributed and old device with at-best mediocre performance with the stock firmware.
* OpenWRT is not a choice for the device owners - unless they can manage to compile one on their LUCI-included releases.
* Right now DD-WRT is the owners only choice AFAIK.

I urge to developers and experienced to develop and if possible maintain DD-WRT for both v1 and v2.
DMesg was provided above.

I'm sending my best regards to Brainslayer for compiling the modified binary.

Special thanks to LOM, pabloesmeraldo for mentioning the modified binary.

And thanks to alexrock and eminak71 for their encouraging messages.
Sponsor
m.magdy1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys
the uploaded firmware is very good but in ap or wds ap only.
the other modes is not working there's no luck to connect as a wds station or client even if you upgrade to the latest firmware

please we need another solution for this access point Idea
randomness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
m.magdy1 wrote:
guys
the other modes is not working there's no luck to connect as a wds station or client even if you upgrade to the latest firmware

I'm currently using the TL-MR3020 firmware on my TL-WA701ND, and it seems to be working fine.
I've never tested WDS modes, but AP and bridge are working great.
The only thing to note is if using it as a repeater (connect via bridge, and make a new VAP for the repeated network), the VAP has to have the same security settings as the main bridged network. Is this meant to be the case?
m.magdy1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
randomness wrote:
m.magdy1 wrote:
guys

I'm currently using the TL-MR3020 firmware on my TL-WA701ND, and it seems to be working fine.
I've never tested WDS modes, but AP and bridge are working great.
The only thing to note is if using it as a repeater (connect via bridge, and make a new VAP for the repeated network), the VAP has to have the same security settings as the main bridged network. Is this meant to be the case?

You should make sure for this action because my ap is damaged because of MR3020

this firmware is working normaly on tp-link 701 v2 normally but my ap is 701 v1
extranetsrl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
randomness wrote:

Wich version Do You use?
It working for TL-WA701ND v1?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 27506 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA801ND v1, so that it will flash on a TL-WA701ND v1 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-27506 webflash build for TL-WA801ND v1.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Not-Aus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:37    Post subject: It works! Reply with quote
I can confirm that it works flawlessly with the TL-WA701ND v1.2!

First I installed the newest available TP-Link firmware, then I installed the modified TL-WA801ND v1 firmware, available one post above.

The default IP of the device is 192.168.1.1 with DHCP enabled after flashing.

Note, that after flashing DD-WRT you CANNOT access your device via LAN. Only via WLAN (Wi-Fi). You must fix this manually.
Connect to AP via Wi-Fi, set login and password, then DISABLE WAN and check "Assign WAN Port to Switch" option in Setup tab.

After that I successfully updated the device to the latest DD-WRT webflash which is available today.
It can be found here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-01-2015-r28397/tplink_tl-wa801ndv1/

Thanks a lot! Surprised
formaggino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 22:25    Post subject: If WiFi is off.... Reply with quote
If someone, as me, deleted the ART partition on WA701ND, it is possible to restore it. See the following post that I wrote:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=62370
Now is all ON and I am very happy .....

Hi guys ! Ciao a tutti.
Gino
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
formaggino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:36    Post subject: Restore ART partition WA701ND Reply with quote
Procedure:
Using serial and Tftpd32
after "tpl",

tftpboot 0x80000000 art.bin
erase 0x003f0000 +0x10000
cp.b 0x80000000 0x003f0000 0x10000
bootm 0x9f020000

Art partition is now Ok.
Good luck.
Gino
Not-Aus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 15:57    Post subject: Re: It works! Reply with quote
Not-Aus wrote:

... I successfully updated the device to the latest DD-WRT webflash which is available today.
It can be found here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-01-2015-r28397/tplink_tl-wa801ndv1/

Today I updated to DD-WRT build 29193 successfully.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/03-02-2016-r29193/tplink_tl-wa801ndv1/
Not-Aus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I updated to DD-WRT build 30284 successfully.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/07-25-2016-r30284/tplink_tl-wa801ndv1/
koraykal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bricked my 701nd a while ago trying to install dd-wrt. Sadly I don't recall what I did wrong. Probably I tried to upload wrong version, I have installed dd-wrt to several routers with no issues before.

Now when I try to connect to the AP with a TTL cable, I get no response from Putty, the green dot keeps on blinking and gives fatal error "unable to open correction.

I think that the connections (Tx, Rx, Gnd from left to right when the ports are at the upper side) and the Putty settings (baud rate, port etc) are correct. Do I need to short something or is there something else I'm missing?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
WA701NDv1 is similar to WA801NDv1, unbrick it using this (read the whole thread too) http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1042562#1042562

Use this tested build for WA701NDv1 http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=990005#990005

koraykal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. Problem is, I can't get any response even with the reset trick, four of the leds are still blinking and the power led is solid after I press reset for 5 seconds. I've tried with serial cables and ethernet connected and disconnected.
ugopole
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 17:49    Post subject: Cannot find build :-( Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-27506 webflash build for TL-WA801ND v1.

Hi,
where can I find the attached build mentioned here?

Thanks
Regards
ugo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: