no wlan; RouterStation (ar71xx) and R52n (ar9220)

doddel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 17:01    Post subject: no wlan; RouterStation (ar71xx) and R52n (ar9220) Reply with quote
Just gave my RS board a try with trial version of dd-wrt (bld 13064) and a R52n miniPCI radio with the two-band ar9220 chip.
In 802.11a mode or in g mode, neither as AP nor as client it produces or receives any wireless.
The menus appear as if everything is normal and working.
Know the hardware is OK as it works with another firmware, be it that the other firmware suffers from a memory leak (ath9k driver) but it gets the radio to work. Hoped perhaps dd-wrt had a reliable driver for the ar9xxx series.
Did try different antenna selection settings and did try g band and a band whilst I know that in both bands AccessPoints are present in the room for experiment.

Q: does build 13064 support the Atheros ar9220 chipset ? I so, why doesn't the R52n come to life ?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
no N support right now....its in the works...and dont ask when its going to be released...its done when its done
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Last edited by Sash on Sat Nov 07, 2009 19:38; edited 1 time in total
doddel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36    Post subject: ar92xx not supported on RouterStation Reply with quote
Thank you for the quick answer and clarification.
A few suggestions:
* to mention this _no n mode yet_ fact in the list of supported hardware,
* to adapt the status/wireless page such that it does not suggest the presence of a radio "on" whilst in fact the radio is not under control,
* to make provisions for a multitude of radios and their settings (potentially three in the slots and more per usb).
Perhaps that exists already but could not check with these R52n cards I have whether the menus cope with multiple radios.

On rudeness: I assume you wanted to write "don't ask when".
Rather than an imperative towards somebody you do not know one could write neutrally _no release date has been defined yet_
ABW
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
doddel

Brainslayer is/has been working on the driver for the "N" class radios. Last I heard from him it would be a few weeks (or more) before the beta. I am not sure if that was for our Atheros gear or if Broadcom has support already. Looking at the forum it seemed that some of the broadcom routers were supported????
The DD-WRT software does support multi radios with separate wireless tabs, and functions very well.
As far as rudeness sorry that is just Sash....."not rude just facts"

If I can help in any way let me know.... although I am very new to this
Thanks

support@abetterwireless.com

Wireless is supposed to be fun LMAO
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:24    Post subject: Re: ar92xx not supported on RouterStation Reply with quote
doddel wrote:
On rudeness: I assume you wanted to write "don't ask when".
Rather than an imperative towards somebody you do not know one could ...

That is their only method of throttling business to a level they can maintain. How dare you complain about a moderator !!! Evil or Very Mad

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: