Dual Band (WRT320N) Now Supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
anarki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello everyone,

i have a wrt320n with stock firmware and i'd like to know what versions should i install in what order to make it work? the are lots of threads and posts, full of quick fixes and i'm so confused about this.

the latest i found is:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn13575/

is it safe for use? i read about mini, and mini_wrt320n. but the wrt320n has 8 mb ram and the problems the mini_wrt320n version is made to solve may have been solved already in these newer builds. (Question)

so i'm really confused. are the mini builds still required? or is it safe to upload the standard build (r13575) to the stock linksys firmware? or do i still need mini_wrt320n first when i switch from the stock fw? or each time i upgrade? ...

and what about the openvpn version? what's the proper procedure to install that one? can i make a straight upgrade from the stock, or does it need fiddling around?

and anyway, do i need a wired connection like in the old days, or is it now safe to upgrade via wifi?

oh, and i'd like to use upnp for sure, but i certainly don't want to burn/brick my router :)

thanks in advance.
Sponsor
ebrusher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, 13575 is good. I am running two 320Ns now, no problems. Flash 320N mini first (if your first time), then whatever you want, I am using the big version. I am running upnp on one of them, so that seems to work well now also. Flash away, but again, first the 320mini, then the firmware of choice.
anarki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
ebrusher wrote:
Yes, 13575 is good. I am running two 320Ns now, no problems. Flash 320N mini first (if your first time), then whatever you want, I am using the big version. I am running upnp on one of them, so that seems to work well now also. Flash away, but again, first the 320mini, then the firmware of choice.

thanks. just to make sure, by 320N mini do you mean dd-wrt.v24-13575_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin? is this required once in a lifetime, or if i once go back to linksys fw (or anything other than dd-wrt) and then go back again to dd, will then the mini_wrt320n be needed again?

and do i have to enter any commands any time (there were problems with nvram getting full) or is it just upgrading firmware via webgui?

and again, can i upgrade via wifi or will it brick my router and do i have to go for a cable (the manual doesn't mention wheter it is or isn't safe)?
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
anarki wrote:
ebrusher wrote:

thanks. just to make sure, by 320N mini do you mean dd-wrt.v24-13575_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin? is this required once in a lifetime, or if i once go back to linksys fw (or anything other than dd-wrt) and then go back again to dd, will then the mini_wrt320n be needed again?

and do i have to enter any commands any time (there were problems with nvram getting full) or is it just upgrading firmware via webgui?

and again, can i upgrade via wifi or will it brick my router and do i have to go for a cable (the manual doesn't mention wheter it is or isn't safe)?

You need the _wrt320n.bin builds if you are NOT using DD-WRT (you are on Linksys firmware or something else). If you are on DD-WRT, then the regular mini build will work just fine.

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
anarki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
got_milk wrote:

You need the _wrt320n.bin builds if you are NOT using DD-WRT (you are on Linksys firmware or something else). If you are on DD-WRT, then the regular mini build will work just fine.

but i'd like to use std or openvpn. do i still need the mini build before those? like

mini_wrt320n -> mini -> openvpn

?
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
anarki wrote:
got_milk wrote:

but i'd like to use std or openvpn. do i still need the mini build before those? like

mini_wrt320n -> mini -> openvpn

?

If DD-WRT is currently running on your router, then go straight to openvpn builds.

If Linksys firmware is still on the router, then you will need to go to:

mini_wrt320n -> openvpn

(note that the mini_wrt320n is still a mini build, just tailored to flash overtop of Linksys firmwares. You do not need to install mini.)

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
anarki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
got_milk wrote:
If DD-WRT is currently running on your router, then go straight to openvpn builds.

If Linksys firmware is still on the router, then you will need to go to:

mini_wrt320n -> openvpn

(note that the mini_wrt320n is still a mini build, just tailored to flash overtop of Linksys firmwares. You do not need to install mini.)

okay, thanks. i think i will wait a for a few new builds, i'd like to be a bit more confident of success Smile
gotchi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi together,

I bought my WRT320N yesterday and first thing to do was flashing Smile
So I went through the site here, downloaded the MINI build
upload, reload and the router is running dd-wrt now

Actually, I wanna upload the OpenVPN build, tried it now several times. I got to the upgrade site, have chosen the file locally which I got the site here (dd-wrt.v24-13493_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn.bin) an hit the button. The site then starts counting down from 300 and after a few second I get "site not available page" in my FireFox and the upgrade stops.
The old firmware is still on the router and works, but how do I now upgrade to a bigger version than mini?
gotchi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, problem fixed after turning the router off for a few hours.

upgrade to openvpn version worked Smile
muckslush
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:46    Post subject: 320n for Client Bridge Reply with quote
I purchased 2 of these routers yesterday. On one of them I'd like to set it up as a client bridge for my XBOX for N-wireless. Right now I'm running a WRT54GS successfully using ddwrt. Is this router now safe for flashing? I don't want to pull this thing apart as I read the "special" notice about it dated Dec.19th.

If I flash with the _320n.bin file will this be sufficient or do I have to follow up with the _big.bin? I'm connecting to a WRT600N router non-DDwrt. I also have a WRT54G v8 successfully set to client bridge attached to my Dish Network HD-DVR.

Awesome job guys, and thank you much!!
guerrouj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem gotchi just mentioned...
Brand new 320N out of the box, I flashed with the mini image, everything works great... I try to upgrade to mega or any other image and it fails. I get the updating screen and it counts down from 300 for about 2 secs and then I get a page cannot be displayed. The upgrade fails.
I've tried the 30/30/30 reset and power off for 5-10 minutes... nothing seems to matter... Any ideas?
guerrouj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
must have been something wrong with my browser, after a reboot it upgrade to the big firmware no problem
gotchi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
also had to use another browser :)

nevertheless now I have another problem:

My router is always using 100% of CPU during the last 2 days.
always connected is a internet radio station using wpa2 AES and a NAS using wired cabeling and also having an UPNP client installed (TwonkyServer)
Also running a PPTP Server for remote VPN connection on the router.
Rest is more or less default.

has somebody any ideas why that happens ?
diesel2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gotchi:

what version are you running? upnp 100% cpu problem was fixed in 13527

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah ok, running 13493, but funny thing, if I change to WPA TKIP its working without problems, also using UPNP.

But nevertheless - I am little confused which file I have to take from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn13575/ cause needing OpenVPN but der is only one image mention wrt320 and two images for openvpn (mini and without).

perhaps you can advice me which file I need so I do not crack my router Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 31
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: