Trying to Offer a Free Public WiFi Hotspot but limit the...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
duomenox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Trying to Offer a Free Public WiFi Hotspot but limit the... Reply with quote
Alright...

I have searched the forums and the wiki...
I have made some great progress... but I am stuck. I cannot find a way to limit the throughput on the WLAN when it is unbridged and using a different IP Range.

I purchased special last night, and it did not resolve my issue. I'm not upset as I love DD-WRT and I'm happy to offer the financial support I can to the project.

Here is what I have and what I have done correctly so far:

I used the instructions at the following URL to set up my WLAN separate from my LAN. I have used the iptables scripts on the page as suggested:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN

I have tested this and it is working great.

I have enabled AnchorFree on the WLAN. It works sometimes, and it fails sometimes. I don't care that much about it, just thought it would be nice to be paid when someone clicks an ad.

I have tried the script generator mentioned in this post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=241408 without success.

I purchased and downloaded the special version of DD-WRT and tried the QoS included in it... it did not work (but may be a configuration error on my part).

So here is what I would like help with:

How can I limit the throughput of the WLAN (interface eth1)? (I prefer to use only the features in DD-WRT Special Edition).

What is the Zero IP Hotspot? Is there a configuration guide or any documentation that would help me better understand this feature and how it works.

Is there a better way to achieve this?

I have found many posts asking about this, many with DD-WRT gurus saying to read something... but the link they are pointing to is gone. Maybe it was "cleaned up"?

If I missed something during my search, I would like to kindly ask that someone point me to the proper documentation. I'm not a linux guru, I've used DD-WRT for years... but I am nowhere near an expert.

Thank you in advance Smile

Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
just limit the speed of the unbridged wlan subnet. i see no problem here
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: