VPN won't show remote computers

colecaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 23:05    Post subject: VPN won't show remote computers Reply with quote
I have an Airlink AR670W loaded with the AR670 webflash 14311 and am setting it up for VPN with remotes running XP and Win7 VPN clients.

I have the clients connecting to the network over the VPN and everything seems to be working fine. The connections show up in the status page of the router.

BUT, the clients can't see or browse the computers on the remote network.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
more input plz!
read:

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 20:58    Post subject: VPN won't show remote computers Reply with quote
Sorry for not enough info. I'll try again.

I have installed ar670w-ddwrt-webflash 14311 on a ar670w airlink router and am trying to set it up so I can VPN via laptop over an existing network at the remote site (like a coffee shop).

The router IP is 192.168.30.1 and the PPTP Server set up is: server IP: 192.168.30.2, client IP: 192.168.30.90-99, passwords set and all passthrus enabled. Router DHCP range is 192.168.30.100-120.

Port 1723 is set to forward: Port from:1723, Proto:both IP: 192.168.30.1, Port to:1723, enable checked.

Using this router configuration and the Microsoft PPTP adaptor in Windows 7 or XP I am able to connect to the router and ping computers on the remote network. But I cannot access the remote computers either via browsing or addressing them by name (\\greenroom). I get a not available error.

I can get the web gui from the router over the VPN.

Any help is appreciated. Is this enough information?

Cole
cmaas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem before with my first VPN/DD-WRT project. Now I found the solution than and stupid me I did not document the problem. I now just copy settings from my home router when I set up a new one. But... here are the two things that come to mind. If anybody finds I am wrong, sorry.

You said you have port 1732 forwarded to your VPN server. I have this also and have it set for just TCP/IP. Than I have port 1701 forwarded also but as UDP (going to the VPN server IP).

The second thing is on the Security tab. In the Block WAN requests I have all of them checked except for Filter WAN NAT redirection.

Basically, everything else is set to default with the VPN options all checked. I have set up only 4 DD-WRT based networks but have been using VPN to and from all of them with no issues at all.

My next try will to use the VPN client and server options in the router. Then I can bring home the temporary pc's I use as VPN servers at those other locations.

.....sorry I do not have all the peacock and other links in my profile. Where the heck is the user CP page? Love this forum even with the "questionable reply's" but they are usually right (Love your signature Sash. O.o) and if I searched more I usually could've found my answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: